Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    @Gimlisk,

As Adoede mentioned, you get 100 skill points to use for your build, and each rank you increase a skill significantly improves its effectiveness. Most managers of successful glads run them with 10 skills at rank 10, with a small minority that are running 11 skills (9 at 10 and 2 at 5). It greatly helps if you plan out your build from the start and know where you may want to go. Of course, that may change and evolve, but you should have a good idea for the core or chassis of your build. Make sure you read through the skill trees and understand how it works, and what the prerequisites are to obtain a particular skill (some are class specific, some require a certain number of points already invested in prior class skills). If you check in each of the class forums, you'll find a stickied thread that discusses on "how to make a xyz" where the skills are discussed.

Regarding your inactivity, again Adoede brought up some great points. Also bear in mind what your encumbrance and strategy is. If you are >50% encumbrance, you will be slow on the sands. If you're running all trugs or dunder, they have low initiative. If you're fighting superior glads, you may just be getting overwhelmed. It's also tough because at those mid brackets, some glads are further developed than others.

If you can post your glad race, attributes, skills, equipment, and fight strategy we can offer a little more focussed advice.

Passive skills are ones that are always "on". You don't see them trigger because the effect is always present.
    Last edited by Stormcloak; 01-12-2015 at 01:53 PM.
    Stable: Stormcloak
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)

Well, well, well... I look like an ass now. :|
    My tank gladiator has like 900 battles, and I never seen him attack while tanking....

My sincere apologize, weaw.
    Holosts Stable.
    And best gladiator so far;
    Bayorn (dunder theatrics)
    Kicking ass in Blood Gods 2 levels behind and undergeared.

Noticeable Retired Glads;
    Kuljem (human theatrics)

-Stormcloak

Thanks, learning more and more about the game.
    With my first character, I wasn't able to choose a race. So starting race is obvious.

Race: Human
    Attributes: 96/82/75/105/75/100/95
    Skills: Axe&Maces, Grim Determination, Iron Jaw, Battle Hardened, Master of Arms, Armour Movement, Never Say Die, Called Shot.
    Equipment: Heavy Armour, shield, Any Axe or Mace.
    Strategy: (Not sure what parts of strategy you want.)

Well, I hope that's enough info? I appreciate the help from anyone.

Regards
    Gimlisk
    Stable: Dwarfaxhaxors
    50 Gladiators: Gimlisk (War), Gimlask (Theatrics), Beerwar (War)
    Retired Gladiators: Gimlisk (1st!) (War)

May My Axe & Maces Flatten Your Face And Your Body Crumble.

Regarding your skills:
    - Taking called shot means that you won't have access to Armoured Fortress (top level war skill). AF is a great skill, but it is perfectly acceptable to make a hybrid warrior and branch out into the other trees. If all you want to do is tank, you want AF, but otherwise you can take it or get skills from the other trees to supplement your offense.
    - Weapon skill, Master of Arms (for shield), Battlehardened, Armour Movement are more or less considered as part of the standard warrior chassis.
    - Death from Above is absent from your build. It is a great activated attack which deals a lot of damage. Most consider this necessary for a warrior. Your build lacks offense because of this.
    - Grim Determination is a good skill, Iron Jaw has mixed reviews.
    - Never Say Die is a good skill as well if you're traveling down the war tree.

The problem is I don't see too much focus with what you want to do with this build. Do you want a purely defensive fighter or one that has a bit more offensive capability?
    If you want purely defensive, you need to drop called shot and figure out a plan to get Armoured Fortress (with all skills trained to 10). You will also want Intercepting Guard, Light as a Feather, and Create Distance in there. This will also mean dropping maybe Iron Jaw or Grim Determination.

If you want some balance and more offense, then I would suggest:
    A&M, Master of Arms, Battlehardened, Death From Above, Armour Movement (that makes 5) and then deciding what else you want.
    If you want Light as a Feather to use Heavy Armour, you need at least one more skill in the war tree - either Grim Determination or Never Say Die to give you 60 train points to meet the prerequisite 55. I believe you do, from your other posts, so the suggestion now becomes:
    A&M, Master of Arms, Battlehardened, Death From Above, Armour Movement , Never Say Die, Light as a Feather. This gives you 7 skills total. You can then pick up:
    -Intercepting Guard, Create Distance, Armoured Fortress
    -Devastating Power, Blood Drunk, Brute Force (for offense and skills that work well with strength)
    -Devastating Power, Called Shot, and another skill (DP and CS are suspected to work well together)
    - (Or other combinations)

Regarding strategy, if you can post your triggers and what you're doing that would help.
    What I means is something like:
    1) Start, Tank 10/4
    2) ....
    3) ....
    4) Opponenet is moderately tired, Bash 6/6
    5) I am slightly injured, Parry-bash 8/4

That way we can see if any triggers are interfering with others.
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)

Well, I am going for more of the tank side, we're I exhaust them, than killing them or damaging them. So basically, my shield is the offensive.

As for my triggers:
    1) Start, Tank 8/3
    2) I Am Moderately injured, Tank 9/3
    3) I Am Moderately Tired, Tank 7/3
    4) Opponent Attack More, Tank 6/3

Properly horrible setup, but it's what I've gone with.
    But as for my gladiator tank, he will be (hopefully) a hard blocking machine

Regards
    Gimlisk.

With tanking, you may as well just set your bloodlust to 1. You're not really going to connect with many attacks, so you may as well save endurance.
    There's nothing terrible with your strategy (although line 4 doesn't make much sense - if your opponent attacks more you would want to tank with a higher activity level).
    Warrior's tend to be stronger towards the end of a match than the other classes, so as your opponent tires you may consider taking a few swings at him.
    Something like this will put that idea into motion and get more aggressive as your opponent tires out:
    1) Start, tank 6/1
    2) For you to figure out
    3) For you to figure out
    4) Opponent is moderately tired, Bash 6/6
    5) Opponent is slightly tired, Parry-bash 6/6

If you're still set on not attacking at all you could use something similar to what you have. You could also try adding in your opponent activity as triggers and match that up with your activity level while tanking. I don't run purely defensive builds, so perhaps someone else might have some better ideas.
    Make sure your equipment matches up with your vision. If you want defense, then look for equipment that gives bonuses to the attributes related to the skills you're using as well as stamina or defense.

Thanks, I will sort out and have a go.
    I was mostly heading towards the most defensive style. But I'll take your advice and have a fiddle, and see what happens.

Regards
    Gimlisk