Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormcloak View Post
    an intersting idea about a new fighting style (but no idea how easy it is to implement/playtest). Did you have any thoughts in particular?
    A developer may launch few (or more) thousand of fights using copies of existing gladiators in order to test a new skill. I see no difference here what exactly is an object to test, a skill or a fighting style...

The idea of a new style was born while i was reading Kreegan's post. So, i had no special thoughts at that moment.
    But right now i have to say:
    The real properties of a pure war right now is armour, absorption (and related strength, endurance). The payment is the statics.
    So, it may be a style, which exchanges armour/absorption into number of attacks, initiative and such.

Another funny way is to make a skill (to swap Down and Dangerous, for example) that gives to war access to any fighting style in the game. But this way requires a correction. Because counterattacking using 2H may be not so funny for a war opponent. %)
    For example, a war may pay for "non-native" styles by burning tons of endurance and loosing these armour/absorbation/deflection...
    Last edited by weaw; 12-30-2014 at 12:44 PM.