Thread: Luck Factor

Luck Factor

Can anyone explain how luck factors into fights?

It does stuff. Only Nate can give you a more precise answer. Nobody stacks Luck because nobody knows what it really does, although speculations aren't in short supply.

Luck is a mysterious attribute that seems to just make your gladiator better. It isn't clear though how much or exactly where or how. I stacked Luck a few years back and had favorable results but didn't stay the course. I should give it another go.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

I blame luck for numerous situations like this one:

R O U N D 21
    ZVIJER KA makes a clumsy strike with her TARNISHED BATTLE FLAIL.

ZVIJER KA vs. THEMURDER
    128/534 (health) vs. 59/544 (health)
    36/80 (stamina) vs. 11/73 (stamina)
    Bleeding: 10

The strike merely grazes the defender's upper calf. (+3 Damage)

R O U N D 22
    THEMURDER grins as he readies the finishing blow but the Enforcer saves the conquered warrior ZVIJER KA!
    The fight lasted 3 minutes & 35 seconds!

Zvijer Ka wasn't up to the challenge and is dragged off the bloodied sands!

--

Either my gladiators are not lucky enough or there is some mysterious thing that I haven't yet get.

Nope, just your gladiator is very incompetent. For the time being. This text merely states that the attack is weak - due to the opponent's armour, due to lack of weapon proficiency, due to low Bloodlust or whatever.

ok, but what makes the other gladiator more competent? how did my gladiator loose when the other didn't attack him at all? by mere determination or what? anyway, this game is very fun but has a lot of grey areas.

btw, it would be great to get statistics of the fight so we can actually learn something for sure, not only getting the general ideas.

Increasing your weapon skill will make your gladiator more competent using it. Currently there are three ways in which your gladiator can lose a fight.

1) Through loss of health
    2) Through loss of endurance
    3) Getting knocked out

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

so nate, how about we have some kind of statistics in the game?

Vihor, the fight doesn't always go to the death - the enforcer often steps in and makes the call. Likely, the other glad was about to strike (and possibly kill your glad) and the enforcer decided to call the match and spare your glad.
    Although there are some grey areas, Nate is very clear with his descriptions and doesn't throw much confusing filler text in. So, when it said "themurder readies the finishing blow", then your enemy was quite literally about to swing and take your glad out.
    Stable: Stormcloak
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)