Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Commiserations go out to Flashhammer and Unholy Guardian, who was looking solid all season, only to end up 4th. Prettyu sure Seraph Zeta will be on his hit list for a while :P

I got lucky with all my final pairings not leading to a faceoff between Duke and Ahhnold (Arnie would have won) so that I could snare a 1-2 finish. Super tight finish with the final points.

Really happy with Ahhnold's 7-0 this week. Less so about Bruce, who went 3-4 :'(
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Ahhnold got lucky with disarms (twice) and last minute Rampage against Thornwall (you know that he would have lost otherwise ) but considering that he was stick in the middle of the bracket most of the season - nicely done.

Well if we're pointing out where Ahhnold had a lucky break, Thornwall had some good ones too.

Round 2: Thornwall knocked down, gets back up
    Round 6: Ahhnold knocked down, gets back up
    Round 8: Thornwall disarmed, picks up generic maul. Thornwall at 20% life, Ahhnold at 85% life.
    Round 9: Thornwall gains 950hp from Never say Die, back to 33% life
    Round 10: Ahhnold knocked down, gets back up
    Round 12: Ahhnold gets disarmed, picks up generic great axe. Thornwall at 25% life, Ahhnold at 40% life.
    Round 15: Ahhnold rampages for the win, still over 25% life.

Saying Ahhnold got lucky and that he would have lost without that rampage is a bit of a stretch. The enforcer could have ended it as early as round 8.
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 01-07-2015 at 07:37 AM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

His got more lucky with the previous fight when Thornwall had to fight with a dagger. And Grim Determination is there so the Enforcer doesn't end the fight after a few bruises.

Still, like I said, the brute did very well this week despite his earlier performance and deserves the crown of the season.

In that fight, Thornwall was down to 25%hp (Ahhnold at 70%) before he was disarmed. Not having Never Say Die trigger sucked for Thornwall.

It would have been close, but I think Ahhnold would still have been favoured if NSD had triggered and the disarm hadnt occurred.

Tomorrow starts the rematches I suppose

I'm just happy because I discovered Seraph Zeta finished in the top 1-3% and earned my stable a premium slave (For the noobs out there, that means I can run all 5 HOL glads in my stable and still check the slave market for a new HOL glad everyday in case something amazing turns up.)
    Adoede | Tevrosin

remember that the slave market will change if you retire a glad, so that amazing glad will disappear , or at least thats how I remember it.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Really? Well, that makes the prize essentially worthless for stables with 5 HOL glads. Can anyone else confirm that's what happens? I'd rather know that before I retire someone needlessly only to lose the opportunity to buy the HOL slave I thought I was trading for.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Oedi is right. When you retire a glad the slave market refreshes automatically to show the HoL slaves. I wouldn't say that prize is useless if you have 5 HoL slaves already though. You are now in a position where you can have a false start with a glad and sell them before retirement and still have access to HoL slaves.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Congrats Apoc! You had a good week with Ahhnold winning the season and Duke winning the blood games!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris