Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Would you say the same thing about the Blood Games which is only 2 or 3 more fights and pretty consistently returns a champion that most would agree deserves it.
    In the Blood Games you know the opponent in advance. That doesn't always help as there are builds which you are very likely to lose against with your own no matter what you do but there are also opponents against which changing your strategy (and sometimes even gear) beforehand could make the difference between winning and losing. In Blood Gods we don't have that.

Then there is the chance. Lucky wins or unlucky losses didn't play an incredibly big part in the previous format because the number of fights allowed you to largely compensate for them and score some on your own. Now the seasons are more than 16 times smaller and each fight weights much more. Think KOs for example.

Like I said above, it is premature to pass judgement just yet. Depending on the results though, I think this should be taken into consideration.

Daily/Weekly/End of Season bonus BGP are now implemented.

The previous requirements of needing to win a certain number of fights and initiating a certain number fights has been removed. Bonuses are instead awarded to the top 3 gladiators on each leaderboard based on the type of bonus (daily, weekly, end of season). It is possible for a gladiator to get multiple bonuses for holding multiple top positions (e.g. #2 ranked, #1 rage and #3 Dunder, etc.).

Daily and Weekly bonuses are based off the Weekly leaderboards and the End of Season bonuses are based off of the Overall leaderboards.

Top Movers and Losers leaderboards are only used for the daily bonuses.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

EDIT: This is now done.

I'm in the process of retroactively awarding the daily BGP bonuses for the first six days of the Season. You won't get any notification as I have to do this manually, you'll just find extra BGP in your gladiators' accounts if they received a bonus. Sorry I didn't have this ready for you all at the start of the Season. I shall kneel down on rock salt for one hour as punishment...

Moving forward, in-game messages will be sent out when BGP are earned.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

EDIT: This has been fixed.

Looks like there is an issue with the movement data today. Perhaps it got reset a day early. I'll take a look and see what happened.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

There was a small hiccup today with the matchups. I had a bug in the code where it treated the start of the new week like the start of a new season which caused the matchups to be random instead of based on a gladiator's position on the overall leaderboard. Not the end of the world, however, if you noticed your gladiator was matched up versus another gladiator much higher or lower ranked that is why. This has been fixed.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Hey Nate, I was wondering if you had any plans to make retiring blood gods gladiators more convenient. The new system kinda means that even a gladiator with a bit above 900 fights will take ages to get to the point where he can retire.

Wouldn't being part of blood gods pretty much be enough of a requirement for retirement? I mean, besides all the others. Like an extra requirement, that could maybe cancel out the number of fights necesary?
    Owner of the Raginghunters stable

KILL! MAIM! BURN!

That sounds like a good suggestion
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

These last fights of the season look to be quite interesting. Five glads with a shot at taking the top spot...Looking forward to how it all shakes out.

Unholy Guardian 19 - 8 - 70.4% 2,066
    Ahhnold 18 - 9 - 66.7% 1,995
    Duke Nukem 18 - 9 - 66.7% 1,989
    Seraph Zeta 18 - 9 - 66.7% 1,979
    Thornwall 18 - 9 - 66.7% 1,923
    Adoede | Tevrosin

I was noticing that as well. I've got my money on Unholy Guardian unless he fights Duke and then I'll give the nod to Mr. Nukem! This is just one of the many reasons I love the new seasons format!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Impressive win, Ahhhnold. I thought you'd have trouble against Thornwall. Looking forward to next season already.
    Adoede | Tevrosin