Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Well, I ocasionaly fight, in heavy armour (30 kg, don't exactly know how much that adds up to in pounds. Probably around 50) as a less well known sport and, well, yes, even standing will wear you out a bit.

But in this game, human warriors measuring up to 2.50 meters in height (or something like that) can stand around, wearing armour that looks like it weighs over 80 kg, wielding a towershield the size of a smaller guy and actively defend themselves against whatever is thrown at them for 10 minutes at a time :P. Whereas I and most of my colleagues drop dead in anything over 4 minutes of actual fighting, in reasonable armor, at that.

This game is not about realism, you know?

Now, all offtopic aside, I've seen some really odd behaviour between wars who tank and theatrics who counter attack. There's no need to get personal over this, as I'm pretty sure Nate's gonna shed some light on the subject. EVENTUALLY...
    Owner of the Raginghunters stable

KILL! MAIM! BURN!

Regardless, the notion that warriors do not use endurance ONLY when they bump up against another warrior running tank or counterstrike is ridiculous, and i think we could all agree its not "intended".
    Well its how it works and I for one dont think its ridiculos and I do not agree about it not being intended. This is how its been all the time as far as I know and if its not intended you would think it should`ve been changed by now.
    And since Ive played this game longer than most I can also tell you what the solution for this problem was, it was letting the crowd attack gladiators not attacking.
    Furthermore, calling someone out as a crybaby for reporting something they believe to be a bug, in the bug section, is equally ridiculous. What the hell did you want him to do, ask you with a private message if you approved or not?
    I did not call him a crybaby, my intention was to call him lazy for not doing research or ask questions but just go straight to bug report because he didnt think it should be like that.

How bout you dress up in full plate armor, grab a tower shield and a mace and stand in the sun for a half hour. Let us know if your losing endurance.
    Why on earth should I do that? Do you belive it to give me any insight on how to play this game? Because I dont. Were not playing any kind of reality simulation, but a simulation on how Nate`s imagination think it should work.
    Last edited by oedi; 10-29-2014 at 01:46 AM.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Stable Servant
    "I did not call him a crybaby, my intention was to call him lazy for not doing research or ask questions but just go straight to bug report because he didnt think it should be like that."

He knows exactly how it works, hes explained it to me over the phone, and has been bitching about it for quite some time. It certainly appears Nate programmed it so that endurance losses can only occur when either party swings, and our belief is that there should be some provision on a round by round basis in the event that nobody swings, like a minimum endurance burn based on how encumbered the warrior is vs activity etc. The comment about standing in the sun with full gear is directed at anyone who feels the current system is "all good". I realize the game isnt entirely based in reality, but i think in this case it should be.

Regardless i'm sorry for attacking you, i was just taken back that anyone would think this mechanic was "all good".

Avengelyn, Manager of Lethal Formula