Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by oedi View Post
    How about experience will that be increased to count for the missed fights.
    It has been increased slightly. Please see the update notes for more details.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    Will there be any change in the rating requirements for the legendary items? And as far as the BGP are concerned, will your gladiator be able to win enough BGP to buy a legendary item during the same month, provided that he passes the rating threshold? If not - will there be any change in the mechanism to carry BGP between the seasons?
    No changes regarding legendary item requirements or carrying over BGP between seasons. The amount of BGP a gladiator earns is dependent on how well they perform in the Season. Some may earn enough for legendary items, some may not. All your questions will be answered with time.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Additionally, the slower pace in Blood Gods of one fight per day instead of 8+, I'm offering anyone who is interested in re-recruiting any of their Hall of Legends gladiators who were once Blood Gods free of charge for a limited time, provided there is room in their stable. If you would like to take me up on this offer, send me a PM ASAP and let me know the names of those HoL gladiators you would like to re-recruit.
    Awesome update Nate! I'm very interested to see how it all goes. It does make it harder for Ahhnold to catch up to Sedris' kill record, but oh well. Totally worth it :P

The rerecruited HOL option is making me so happy right now. PMing you now
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

* Blood God gladiators will automatically fight (and be resurrected if needed at the owner's expense) once per day at 2pm PST.

Does this mean that a gladiator in Blood Gods will automatically get a bit of XP every day without having to log in the game? I'm not very interested in the game below lvl 55 so this will fit good for me.

Does this mean that a gladiator in Blood Gods will automatically get a bit of XP every day without having to log in the game?
    Yes.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

The Tavern

The tavern is going to get a complete overhaul. The daily contracts are going to be removed. Conquests in its current form is going to be changed. The current and only conquest The Underbelly and all future ones are going to become something more like a weekly raid or world event. Running the same dungeon 100s of times per week is boring, but doing it once a week is special and doesn't get boring as quickly. I don't have the large team and the resources to make adventures fast enough like large companies which is why we only have one right now. That coupled with my extremely high standard for art makes them take even longer. Having them become a once a week type of activity (raid and or world event) allows the game's content to last longer and not bore players, and more importantly makes it more exciting since you know you only have one shot that week.

"Daily runs" will be replaced with mini text-only conquest type adventures. We'll be using the world/realm/territory/region maps and players will drill down just like now, click on the banner to select the mini-conquest they want, choose their difficulty setting and away they go. The mini-conquests/dungeons will be level based (i.e. not scale) and as a gladiator completes them it will unlock new ones and new territories and regions allowing the player to explore the Great Realm. Players will be able to go back to any one that is completed and farm it for whatever rewards it may contain if they want. The text only nature of these allows them to be created much much (times a 1000) faster and the best part of all it lets the most powerful graphics rendering engine in the world (your imagination) do all the work! It will literally be YOUR adventure however you visualize it in your head. In addition, some sort of tavern rankings and leader boards are in the plans as well.

I hope many of you like what you've read so far. More info about the future to come soon...
    I'm looking forward to this change as well. Are you planning something similar for the Gauntlet (maybe run it once a day successfully, extra runs for trophies)? I personally appreciate the philosophy of POW being a game to supplement your other activities (not gaming for me - just life). I like being able to do everything necessary within an hour every day, but still having some content if you get a bit more free time (but not where you feel compelled to midlessly grind just to stay competitive). What I like about POW is that it's an actual strategy game (not like most other "freemium" games which are technically racing games with strategy/rpg trappings).

On another note, In Blood Gods, have you given any thought to a possible team mode as well?
    Perhaps something where you are automatically assigned to a team of 3 (balancing teams based on rankings, only one glad from a stable, etc) and your team competes for the month in a round-robin.
    Maybe you could throw in something like target priorities (target enemy if already engaged, target rage second, target highest health third, target lowest endurance fourth, etc) based on... (intelligence?).
    This could add an extra dimension to the strategy, planning, and interaction.
    Last edited by Stormcloak; 01-12-2015 at 02:33 PM.
    Stable: Stormcloak
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)