low level hard to hit skill causes no attack for over 10 rounds

I know I should've taken a screenshot, but forgot.

and I suppose it's more of a question than bug report

Anyhow, had hard to hit skill at level3 on Bucktooth Bunny, went to try arena challenge against judgement, set activity level 9, berserk, for the fight.
    and went the whole fight, over ten rounds, and didn't even swing her 2h weapon once before passing out.
    Then went to try black market fights, set to activity 10 berserk, 10 out of 10 fights did not swing the whole fight before passing out.

Obviously I know at low level it's supposed to suck, but shouldn't there be a minimum level of swinging the weapon(ya know, even if they only swing twice out of 10 rounds for a 2h weapon on activity9 berserk) even at low skill level? otherwise it'd mean for the days it takes a gladiator to reach skill level 7-8 and higher on hard to hit, a rage with hard to hit and using 2h weapons may be effectively not swinging at all the entire fight.
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 09-14-2014 at 11:31 PM.

Not all skills and gear combos are going to work out well together and it may be that HTH is not a good idea with extremely slow weapons (2H weapons swing only once or twice per round in the best of times). It may even be the case that it isn't good for extremely fast weapons that do little damage either. Whether this is true or not and what works and what doesn't I leave to the players to discover and even discover creative work arounds to what others may think are bad pairings.

I'm not going to say anything one way or the other, however, I'm not surprised to hear a 2H gladiator isn't swinging very much with a low level in HTH. Regardless, I'll take a look and make sure nothing funny is going on and check to see if at lower levels the skill is acting below what was intended.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

I know it may or may not work for everyone, I went in with an experimental mindset as well.

But when I see I'm failing from not swinging, yet I'm hardly getting hit at all and only losing from passing out, it makes me wonder if this is working right or not.
    The defence boost part of the skill seems to be working great even at level 3, from all the fights I see I'm rarely getting hit, which seems a rather massive boost for just a level 3 skill. So I wanna check if this is indeed intended.

So far I'm even losing most of my tavern fights.
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 09-15-2014 at 03:49 AM.

Thanks for the additional feedback Alba. I'll take a look and see if everything is kosher.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Alba, that was my experience with the low level hard to hit as well. I think I had nearly 100% loss rate until rank 9.