Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alba Kebab View Post
    Had the same problem on first load, cleared browser cache and logged in again, now it all displays properly.

Question:
    Is there a way to select armor simply by the category of light/medium/heavy without selecting specific locations?
    looking for location specific armor is great for fully built gladiators, but for young guys in lower brackets, they only need assorted generic stuff and rarely need to look for location specific gear.
    I'll look into adding an "any" option for some of the filters.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

also can you do something about not able to unlearn anything except ultimate skill after it reached lvl 10? I also made the thread in bug forum
    I'll reply in the other thread as to keep this one on topic.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Liking the new change, although, aesthetically, it's a bit crooked. As in, all of the items are a bit out of their "slots".

As a side question: When do whips and nets start appearing at the blacksmith? Once gladiators start training their Entangle skill?
    Owner of the Raginghunters stable

KILL! MAIM! BURN!

Liking the new change, although, aesthetically, it's a bit crooked. As in, all of the items are a bit out of their "slots".
    Clear your browser's cache and restart your browser.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

As a side question: When do whips and nets start appearing at the blacksmith? Once gladiators start training their Entangle skill?
    Nets and Whips are higher level items.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Great update. Nice work Nate!

Originally Posted by Alba Kebab

Had the same problem on first load, cleared browser cache and logged in again, now it all displays properly.

Question:
    Is there a way to select armor simply by the category of light/medium/heavy without selecting specific locations?
    looking for location specific armor is great for fully built gladiators, but for young guys in lower brackets, they only need assorted generic stuff and rarely need to look for location specific gear.

I'll look into adding an "any" option for some of the filters.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-
    I took a look into adding an "any" option and I found that is starts to introduce unnecessary complexity. For example we could have an "any armour location" option which would mean head, torso, arms and legs, but it probably wouldn't make much sense to have an "any weapon location" because who would want main, off-hand and both hands weapons to show at the same time, so "any" would really mean main and off-hand in most cases. If we then add an any option to the Types drop down, does anyone really want to see Blades and Exotic? Or Pole Arms and 2H at the same time? Not really. My guess is in most cases your gladiator is going to already have at least one location taken care of and you won't want to see items for that location, so an "any" option won't be too useful and now someone might request an "arm and legs" option, or every permutation, etc. The reason for this new feature was many expressed their frustration about the randomness of the blacksmith (Wars gladiators in particular had a rough time with the old way), so re-introducing randomness seems counter productive to that end. I'd like to keeps things as minimal and simple as possible while still providing enough functionality to do everything one needs to gear their gladiator. For now I'm going to leave it as is. My suggestion if you don't really care about the armour location that you will be shown, just select any of the armour locations since it isn't important to you. Later if enough people want more options we can revisit this at a later date.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

*Hugs Nate* Yes! Running 3 war gladiators currently, I had the roughest time gearing them and I can't wait to use this new feature. Thank you for the update to that cruel, cruel Blacksmith!
    ~Frostee~

Stable: Frostee Fyre-

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

~Regular Gladiator, HoL Gladiator, Retired Gladiator~

Hullo Nate, would I be able to request that low-level glads, like level 20 and under get 5 free refreshes a day (or more than the single refresh awarded to the higher level glads), as opposed to the one, or just a more generalistic search for them, as gearing them 1 piece a day (whilst their other slots have grey pieces) puts them at a large disadvantage of other low level glads who got to buy up to 8 pieces of gear for their glads a day on a single refresh. This way we can at least put some blues/purples in the slots while at higher levels then we can look into more specifics, running a DW War I just bought it'll take me 8 days (or 400 trophies if you count refreshes, I'm not rich, I can't afford 400 trophies to buy a set that'll get replaced so quickly) to buy all the equipment for each slot, whilst he'll have grey placeholders until then. Thanks for reading!

**Edit** I now realize that you greatly reduced the refresh costs for lower-level glads, thank you kindly Nate, that solves my only issue with this new update, I can now say that I love all aspects of this update!
    Last edited by FrosteeFyre; 09-15-2014 at 05:19 AM.
    ~Frostee~

Stable: Frostee Fyre-

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

~Regular Gladiator, HoL Gladiator, Retired Gladiator~

Quote Originally Posted by FrosteeFyre View Post
    Hullo Nate, would I be able to request that low-level glads, like level 20 and under get 5 free refreshes a day (or more than the single refresh awarded to the higher level glads), as opposed to the one, or just a more generalistic search for them, as gearing them 1 piece a day (whilst their other slots have grey pieces) puts them at a large disadvantage of other low level glads who got to buy up to 8 pieces of gear for their glads a day on a single refresh. This way we can at least put some blues/purples in the slots while at higher levels then we can look into more specifics, running a DW War I just bought it'll take me 8 days (or 400 trophies if you count refreshes, I'm not rich, I can't afford 400 trophies to buy a set that'll get replaced so quickly) to buy all the equipment for each slot, whilst he'll have grey placeholders until then. Thanks for reading!
    The cost to refresh the blacksmith is relatively inexpensive for lower level glads, in some cases much lower than before and far lower than a month ago. If you are wanting to buy something for a particular gladiator be sure to have him be the first to walk into the blacksmith after the server reset and you'll see new items based on his filter options from before. You can then use your free refresh as well and effectively get two refreshes for free for that gladiator. If more gear in less time is what you are after, be sure to run the Gauntlet and Underbelly as much as possible. TrialPay also offers free surveys as I'm sure you are aware of where you can get more trophies in addition to all the free trophies won each day. Also be sure to use the refer-a-friend program. Getting as many people under you can reap a huge amount of trophies.

EDIT: Essentially you are also asking for an "any" option like Alba mentioned earlier. Please see my reply to him. I'll give it some more thought and perhaps see if there is an easy way to add it and still keep things simple.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-