Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up New Update 9/1/2014: New Tier 6 skills, Nets, Whips & More!

Greetings Pit Masters!

A new update just went live! Please see below for a list of what is new:

NEW TIER 6 SKILLS

Rage
    Hard to Hit - As a master of the Rage specialty, your gladiator has learned it is sometimes wise to pay attention to defense and is always on the move making them very hard to hit. They attack less often but get hit even less. By controlling their rage and being more level headed they also use endurance at a slower rate.

War
    Down And Dangerous - As a master of the War specialty, your gladiator has learned most fights will go to the ground. While others struggle to fight when prone, your gladiator welcomes it and doesn't suffer the same penalties. Knowing how to move, angle and position themselves while down keeps their offense deadly, their defense solid and helps them to seize opportunities to stand up more easily.

Theatrics
    Entangle - As a master of the Theatrics specialty your gladiator has learned how to turn the Net and Whip into deadly instruments of frustration for their opponents. Whips will disarm and yank their victims to the ground! Nets will tangle, trap and ensnare! Watch as your entangled prey's capabilities are diminished and laugh as they waste precious energy trying to escape!

NEW TRIGGERS

At level 50 gladiators will gain the following new triggers:
    I am Entangled
    Opponent is Entangled

ARMOURY STABLE UPGRADE

Level 4, 5 and 6 of the stable upgrade have had their repair discounts increased to 10%, 45% and 75%!

LEGENDARY ITEM REPAIR COSTS

The cost to repair Legendary items has been reduced by about 33%!

REMEMBER ME?

The long requested "remember me" or "keep me logged in" feature has arrived! For those who want to stay logged in, just click the check box on the main page!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Great Job Nate!! Thanks now for us to figure out how to use these new skills. The nets seem a bit tricky right now.

Just wondering if there is a rank 10 bonus like the other tier 6 skills have?
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

ARRRRRGHPIRATE aims for ARAN NI-MO's front leg..
    ARRRRRGHPIRATE tries to yank ARAN NI-MO to the ground with her ANCIENT LASH OF THE BLOOD GODS! (-Entangle-)
    ARAN NI-MO spins around and face plants following the strike!

ARRRRRGHPIRATE darts furiously back and forth.
    ARRRRRGHPIRATE swings her ANCIENT NET OF THE BLOOD GODS awkwardly.
    ARRRRRGHPIRATE casts her ANCIENT NET OF THE BLOOD GODS at DHERARU KIZAB-IL! (-Entangle-)

Description of Entangle status:

Entangled
    The gladiator is entangled and their offensive and defensive capabilities are being adversely affected by the amount shown. They also use their endurance at a faster rate while trying to escape.
    (16% @ rank5)

Looks like its very similar to sig move/barreling attack/war cry. A 0 damage status effect move
    Tridents also got their speed bumped up to 1.9 from 1.7
    Last edited by Sotc; 09-01-2014 at 09:14 AM.

Love the possibilities of the Entangle skill. A bit surprised that Evasive Maneuvers for Rage is based on Intellect, Agility and Stamina. Not many Power Ragers who stack those stats. I guess it's more for speed Rages...though I'm gonna try it on power builds anyway.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Awesome patch, Nate!

Especially the logged in - feature!
    Stable: Thors Throne
    - Thor Odinson ! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Odin !
    - Freya Odrvif! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Friya !
    - Odin Allvatir ! The fucking beast amongst gods (Bihander warrior)
    - Friya ! Fast & Furious

Definitely not sold on the hit & run rage skill. Hopefully it improves at rank 10, but it seems like the max # of attacks is reduced significantly (no more than 1 per round @10 activity rampage even with dual epees with skill rank 5). The other drawback is that counterattacking glads still base the number of counterattacks on the amount you would have attacked without training hard to hit. Not sure if this second one is intentional or not.

Remember Me feature is probably my favourite addition since the change to 2H weapons!
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Thanks for the update Nate, +1 from me!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Sotc View Post
    Definitely not sold on the hit & run rage skill. Hopefully it improves at rank 10, but it seems like the max # of attacks is reduced significantly (no more than 1 per round @10 activity rampage even with dual epees with skill rank 5). The other drawback is that counterattacking glads still base the number of counterattacks on the amount you would have attacked without training hard to hit. Not sure if this second one is intentional or not.
    Seems to me that slower more powerful weapons would benefit from this skill more. If using light fast weapons this skill would just take away from one of their main advantages.

A bit surprised that Evasive Maneuvers for Rage is based on Intellect, Agility and Stamina.
    I'm not. Takes intellect to know when to zig or zag. Agility to actually physically do it and stamina to keep doing it all fight.