Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    To be honest its a double edged feature improvement in my opinion. The way it was before I could go through without necessarily having to refresh and get what I needed. Sometimes the things on offer weren't what i wanted so i'd spend some trophies.

Now I can only shop for one item a day OR i have to start buying trophies or i'll never get a barracks upgrade.

Is it intended to draw more purchase of trophies in the way its designed or is this just something that was overlooked?

I probably will invest in the future but not everyone can or will and it might widen the pay vs free gear advantage

Lol, it's sad that an update like this is still plagued with complaints. You'll never win Nate! It's great that you keep trying but you'll never make everyone happy. For what it's worth I love the new update, it's awesome. For those saying they can only shop for one thing per day that isn't true. Every glad gets a free cycle, so each glad can buy something each day if you wanted, two if you are looking for arms or legs. If your glads are close in level even more. If you want more gear, there are other places in the game you can win it all day every day for free.
    Last edited by Dainoji; 09-15-2014 at 07:49 AM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Have to agree with Dainoji here. No reason for anyone to complain about this update, period.

For the newer managers, you will kiss Nate's feet when you get to the higher levels of the game and realize how much time and how many trophies Nate is saving you with this update. I've spent a large majority of my trophies on refreshing the blacksmith in an attempt to find the gear I wanted. This update allows me to re-direct those trophies towards the arena game - and that's rightfully where the focus should be.

I say we give credit where credit is due - Nate this was a very generous and unexpected update and all us blood gods managers recognize the sacrifice you're making for the sake of a better gaming experience for us all. So here's a cheer for you - HIP HIP HOORAY! Now go have a drink and bask in the genuine appreciation of your veteran player base.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    Have to agree with Dainoji here. No reason for anyone to complain about this update, period.

For the newer managers, you will kiss Nate's feet when you get to the higher levels of the game and realize how much time and how many trophies Nate is saving you with this update. I've spent a large majority of my trophies on refreshing the blacksmith in an attempt to find the gear I wanted. This update allows me to re-direct those trophies towards the arena game - and that's rightfully where the focus should be.
    The way it was before I could browse all the available categories without refreshing at all and if I felt like what was on show wasn't for me, THEN i could refresh, free or otherwise.

Now I have to limit myself to one category or pay trophies. How is that foot kissing worthy? :P

And just for the record, it doesn't mean Nate is (insert negativity), I'm just offering feedback.

The best ways to obtain a good gear for low-level gladiators are The Gauntlet and The Conquest. But not The Blacksmith... Low-level gladiators uses The Blacksmith for selling, not for buying...

On the other hand, a high-level gladiators will get some trophies using Arena Challenges and/or as a reward for TOP 10 brackets fights (a high-level gladiator must be sold If he can't do that IMHO).

That works for brackets below Primus.

Love the update. Great job Nate.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

This update was awesome, great job, Nate.

And yes, why exactly are you so generous? The scaling with the level to refresh it won't even balance it out in terms of trophies with the high-level-glads^^
    Stable: Thors Throne
    - Thor Odinson ! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Odin !
    - Freya Odrvif! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Friya !
    - Odin Allvatir ! The fucking beast amongst gods (Bihander warrior)
    - Friya ! Fast & Furious

Loving the update. This is probably one of the longest requested updates to PoW.

I understand that some people are sad that they cant get a full kit of gear from the one refresh, but i think being able to get much better quality per refresh is totally worth it, even for newer gladiators.

I was lucky that being an all rage stable, I didnt have to faff about with medium and heavy armor clogging my daily refreshes, but hoo boy, I'm sure there are a lot of managers out there that are happy to be able to see just heavy or medium armor when searching for new pieces.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Definitely! You have no idea how shitty it feels if you get 0 heavy pieces for your warriors 3 days in a row ...

The update has not even a disadvantage. The only time where you want to purchase a full set is at level 1 and maybe again at level 10 or so. Given that a refresh now costs as much as the level of the glad is, this should not be a problem for anyone!
    Stable: Thors Throne
    - Thor Odinson ! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Odin !
    - Freya Odrvif! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Friya !
    - Odin Allvatir ! The fucking beast amongst gods (Bihander warrior)
    - Friya ! Fast & Furious

One of the best updates lately. It's even better than what I hoped for.