Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Questions (of the Noobiest Quality)

Hullo folks, I was playing today and started listing down all the questions that came to mind (answered a few using the Search on this forum, but a few I was still unsure about that I'll share here):

-Do Conquests, Gauntlets or Pit Fights reward EXP?

-Legendary/Epic-quality gear rewarded by the 300 squids spin, are they soulbound?

-My oldest lvl 50 is edging nearer and nearer the 1k fight mark (he meets all other req's already) and I was wondering, what is the most successful/most viable race, class (rage/war/theatrics), and type (speed theatrics, def war, 2h rage, etc etc). I know this is a very objective question, but I don't have the trophies to scout out other stables and I wanted to know what, in your experienced opinions, were viable/successful types that you would recommend for my first HoL? (I'm prepared to be really picky and wait out the perfect/near perfect stats)

-When you beat someone in the Arena (or likewise, someone beats you) and it says you snatch 10k gold or whatever it is from their stable, does that amount actually get removed from your stable (if they beat you) or theirs if you beat them, or is it just a fancy way to say, oh you win, here have some more gold?

-Does the Armoury 6/6 offer anything besides repair cost reduction?

-How in the world can my DW war (very offensive/lightly armoured, swords) beat this "Plague" fellow of tier 5 Challenges? I can't land a hit on him, for the past ~3-4 days or so.

Thanks again for reading, hope to get some answers to my very nooby questions!
    ~Frostee~

Stable: Frostee Fyre-

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

~Regular Gladiator, HoL Gladiator, Retired Gladiator~

Quote Originally Posted by FrosteeFyre View Post
    -Do Conquests, Gauntlets or Pit Fights reward EXP?
    Rewards for the Pit Fights is only squids and gold. Sometimes You'll get some gear if You score 1-2-3st places . Rewards for the Conquests is a gear pieces and sometimes Arena's Token, which You may convert to EXP if You wish to do that (Because any Arena's fight will gave to You some EXP, except fights where Your gladiator died).
    Last edited by weaw; 09-10-2014 at 10:30 PM.

-How in the world can my DW war (very offensive/lightly armoured, swords) beat this "Plague" fellow of tier 5 Challenges? I can't land a hit on him, for the past ~3-4 days or so.
    PoW's Forum is pretty cool and responsable for many questions. There is many answers for many questions.
    For example:
    The trhead for newbies
    May give an answers to You for many and many questions.
    Last edited by weaw; 09-10-2014 at 03:36 AM.

-My oldest lvl 50 is edging nearer and nearer the 1k fight mark (he meets all other req's already) and I was wondering, what is the most successful/most viable race, class (rage/war/theatrics), and type (speed theatrics, def war, 2h rage, etc etc). I know this is a very objective question, but I don't have the trophies to scout out other stables and I wanted to know what, in your experienced opinions, were viable/successful types that you would recommend for my first HoL? (I'm prepared to be really picky and wait out the perfect/near perfect stats)
    This is the aspect of the game that makes it fun - discovering for yourself which builds you like best. Every manager has their own favorites and some are better with certain styles than others are. That said, here are some basic ideas to give you a snapshot of how blood gods breaks down currently (since you don't have the trophies to scout them all yourself)

Top 25 breakdown / Top glad of that style (rank) / difficulty level to run:
    2H Rage - 6 out of 25 - Arghpirate (3) / easy
    Dual Axe/Mace Rage - 0 out of 25 - Vile Grizzly (46) / easy
    Speed Blades Rage - 2 out of 25 - Bruce Iee (8) / easy
    Hit 'N' Run Rage - 2 out of 25 - Arrrrr Pirate (9) / easy - moderate
    Offensive War 2H - 2 out of 25 - Arrrrrpirate (2) / moderate - complex
    Offensive War Polearm - 2 out of 25 - Onefortyone (10) / moderate - complex
    Offensive Dual Axe/Mace War - 0 out of 25 - Zultanite (43) / moderate - complex
    Offensive Dual Blades War - 0 out of 25 - Gurren Lagann (45) / moderate - complex
    Defensive War - 6 out of 25 - Argh Pirate (4) / easy - moderate - complex (Easy to be decent. Hard to be excellent)
    Speed Theatrics - 2 out of 25 - Neera (22) / easy - moderate - complex (More complex since the balancing update)
    Power Axe/Mace Theatrics - 1 out of 25 - Arkal (23) / moderate - complex
    Defensive Theatrics - 1 out of 25 - Bloody Lady (18) / moderate - complex
    Entangle Theatrics - 1 out of 25 - Arrrrrghpirate (1) / complex

These are, of course, my own opinions. Other managers will disagree. But have fun with making your own skillsets/strategies/gear combinations - that's the best part of this game. And likely no manager will share too much about their strategies because that would ruin your fun in figuring it out for yourself. Hope this helps!
    Last edited by Adoede; 09-10-2014 at 02:41 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Try stacking more attack power, you might land a hit or two. On the flip side, stack stamina, tank him down, it's more likely to happen. Albeit, chances are your warrior will be retired before he beats plague. I remember being stuck on him for weeks (like, literally, multiple weeks) before HoL gladiators were a thing.

Or, who knows, maybe you get lucky and KO him.
    Owner of the Raginghunters stable

KILL! MAIM! BURN!

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    And likely no manager will share too much about their strategies because that would ruin your fun in figuring it out for yourself.
    It's more likely (for me) there's no "common" strategies that works for any gladiator. So, there's no managers who can really describe "common" strategies correctly.
    Last edited by weaw; 09-10-2014 at 09:25 PM.

Every gladiator you create can be easy or complex. It is pointless to look for FOTM build. The game may change while you are leveling. You must be able to adapt.

-When you beat someone in the Arena (or likewise, someone beats you) and it says you snatch 10k gold or whatever it is from their stable, does that amount actually get removed from your stable (if they beat you) or theirs if you beat them, or is it just a fancy way to say, oh you win, here have some more gold?
    No. It's not just a way to inform You about prize of gold.
    As a rule if You get this message Your opponent lose the same quantity of gold.

// There's some very rare "buggy" events while You'll get more gold than Your opponent will lose. It's really rare... And i can't generalize when and why it happens.

Ahh, I see, thanks for the answers weaw!

I'd have to say I agree riggen, I don't have the money to try and change up my gear to beat him, I'll probably retire him before-hand (but I'll aim for those KOs, gotta at least try :P )

and thank you very much Adoede! That info is very helpful, I suppose it will depend on the first really nice set of stats I see on my HoL selection but I've been really wanting to try out a Def War/ Speed Theatrics and will probably make mine one of those two (also keeping in mind Shadow & Myst will be coming out at Nate's earliest pleasure).

Once again, thanks to everyone who stopped by and took the time to read/respond to my questions, I really appreciate the tips/knowledge you shared with me!
    ~Frostee~

Stable: Frostee Fyre-

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

~Regular Gladiator, HoL Gladiator, Retired Gladiator~

...I've been really wanting to try out a Def War/ Speed Theatrics and will probably make mine one of those two ...
    I just bought my first HOL gladiator few days ago. His stats is very good for non-HOL (96 76 84 73 80 74 74).
    I've set him to war/offensive/defensive using polearms. // I suppose it's very difficult to play, but why not?
    And it's works just nice now!
    But i have no doubts: He will be killed on the sands many and many times when he just arrived to the Blood Gods brackets.

So, there is no tips. Just two tips:

Good luck to You! And -- have fun!
    Last edited by weaw; 09-11-2014 at 12:03 AM.