Thread: Gauntlet

Gauntlet

Hello

I would likme to ask PoW veterans on some tips how to run gaunlet on Hard and Nightmare. I mean gear, strategy, prefered glads specialities, friend choice etc. Can it be run well with non HoL glad ?
    Stable: Smooth Criminal

Gladiators: Protone, Desintegrator, Peacutter, Bonecracker, Coolossus

You can run it with non HOL but it is better to just retire the non HOL gladiator when it is possible and get a HOL. The easiest way to run it is to enter with full orange geared gladiator on your side (preferably from top 10-15). Not even sure what is the best strategy at the moment because I ran it long time ago.

My guy is geared out in all purples and taking top 10-15 BGs I still can't beat Nightmare, but Hard is beatable. Thing is, my gladiator just isn't strong enough to run Nightmares yet.
    ~Frostee~

Stable: Frostee Fyre-

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

~Regular Gladiator, HoL Gladiator, Retired Gladiator~

I've said this before, but I'll repeat it here.

[edit] oops - didn't read you were asking about gauntlets carefully. I'd still choose conquests for gearing up instead because with the team of 5 your relatively weak glad is more "covered" than in the 2 man gauntlets. [edit]

For Conquest runs:
    Take Arrrrrghpirate (All around Bleeder Offensive/Defensive beast), Arghpirate (2H Rage), Argh Pirate (Best Defensive War Tank), Ahhnold (2H Rage) , and Lord Brutish/Merc One/Flonne (2H Rage) and you'll have as good a shot as you're going to get. When I run this basic team with one of my glads I beat Nightmare just about every time.

If you're an offensive glad, swap out one of the 2H ragers above or Arrrrrghpirate for your glad.
    If you're a defensive tank, swap out Argh Pirate for your glad (though you'd better be a solid tank with lots of endurance yourself)
    If you're a tweener or not quite up to snuff yet, probably swap out one of the 2H ragers for your glad

Argh Pirate's defense and endurance help take the attention of the mini-bosses hits and also allow you to outlast the war mini-bosses.
    Arrrrrghpirate's defense and surprise ending also distract the mini-bosses from hitting your offensive glads while also putting 1000+ bleed on 'em.
    The 2H rages are for pure damage - the ones I've pointed out above also have massive endurance to last the three rounds of the final fight with Zanuk the Destroyer.

Speed rages could work too in place of the 2H Ragers, but all the ones in BG don't have the endurance to last long enough for the final boss fight.
    I used to use knockout theatrics as well, but few run those anymore in BG after the balancing update and they weren't as consistent as this team is anyway.

Don't need friends slots anymore since Nate expanded the pool of potential allies. So long as SOTC's team is available, you'll have a good shot at fielding a competitive team. And since he can't friend everyone, just run conquests when his team is available as an ally.

* - Also, don't bother running conquests with non-HOL glads you plan on retiring since all the good gear is "soulbound" anyway and cannot be transferred to your other glads upon retirement. Just retire them and find a glad you'll commit to for the long-haul.
    Last edited by Adoede; 09-07-2014 at 01:36 AM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Still a lot of valuable information, but this wont help in the Gauntlet, and that is what the question was about

Sure you can take one of those "monsters" and hope for the best, but there will still be your on glad and 1 other, so its a different situation.
    Last edited by Falk; 09-06-2014 at 03:08 PM.