so, I've noticed that most rage gladiators lead with Rampage, followed by Adrenalin Rush. A small portion of ragers do the reverse, and a couple gladiators seem to alternate.

I used to think a long time ago that there was a bias towards what ever skill was trained most recently, however that certainly isnt the case with the current fight engine.

Another idea that I kicked around was that it was related to player names, like the old Signatur Move, but that wouldnt explain why some gladiators seem to switch between Ramp and AR on occasion. In saying that, most gladiators have seemed to have a bias towards a skill for most of their career. <shrugs>

That leaves the two most obvious variables. Gladiator stats and strategies.

For gladiator stats, let's compare Ahhnold and Arghpirate. Both are 2H ragers with very similar gear and stats. They both use 2H swords, and are urks. Ahhnold leads with Rampage, and Argh leads with Adrenalin Rush.

Ahhnold:
216-82-147-181-87-223-194

Arghpirate:
222-88-151-186-89-190-197

The main thing we see is that Argh has slightly more points in most stats compared to Ahhnold. SOTC suggested that maybe the Int difference was a factor, but I've tried running the +10 int achievement, and it didnt make a difference. I did the same for agility, and that also didnt cause a change either. Maybe there's a coefficient between stats for it?

For strategies, I dont know what SOTC runs on Arghpirate, but I've tried various setups for the start of the fight and dont see a change.

So, does anyone else have some ideas?