The heroes bracket

I see Bloody Tigers stable went inactive and most of the Prinny Squad stable got retired. I saw Crow and Oedi shrinking their stables probably in attempt to run less in numbers but more competitive gladiators, Cyn retired his stables completely. I saw most of the tier 2 stables (these stables are very competitive in Primus but in the Hero Bracket they struggle) quickly retreating to avoid the never ending beating with a few still trying to hang. I can see Read Leaf stable not starting a single fight - hoping to collect some BGP maybe. If this trend continues we may end with 10-15 superheroes bracket. At least everyone who survived will be in top 10.

I laid off for a awhile, came back a few weeks ago,but due to time constraints I'm only using 1 of my stables. Since returning to the game I have noticed a few distinct views. Offensive wars really struggle unless they are fully decked in legendary gear. The other thing is the cost of repair for legendary gear is huge and has forced me to use minimal legendary gear and go with epic gear to try and have some gold in my stable.
    I retired my dual mace theatrics, because frankly they still suck at the upper level of the game. Also retired another glad for time sake. Now i am waiting for the new schools to come out to use my 2 HOL slaves.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

Most stables you mentioned have been running that way for quite some time, this isn't anything new really. Cyn hasn't been active in a long time and Narol pops in and out these days like yourself. In my experience this is pretty normal end game behavior for a game that has been around for years. Some players keep at it, others take breaks.

Welcome back Crow! I think your observations are off a little. Arkal is sitting at #18 currently and he is a dual mace theatrics with an interesting build to boot and not kitted out yet in the slightest with mostly older gear. I'm not convinced offensive war glads are doing poorly either. Their defensive brother and sisters are better represented because it is easier to stand behind a shield and tank. Not to mention defense is the war glad's bread and butter so defensive war glads should be more represented. The #3 glad in the arena Arrrrrpirate is an offensive war. Onefourtyone is in #11, Hubba and Belca are #20 and #21. I don't think you need to be in all legendary gear but you do need to upgrade to level 51+ gear as soon as you are able to.

Repair costs are easy to handle if you have a level 6 armory and use trophies to rez your glads. Make sure to do all your tavern and arena fights each day too. I also do the pit fights most days because the gold reward adds up and the additional squids generally means more gold at the street games. Takes me less than 10 minutes per day. I've gotten it all done in a couple of minutes using the auto fight options when I'm in a rush. Thunder Lips is in all Legendary and I'm sitting on over 3 million gold right now and I've never used mules. Zippy just got to blood gods and he's in all fabled epics but even if he was in all legendaries I don't think there would be a gold problem. Be sure to log in each day to get the progressive daily rewards, I just got 51,000 gold today. If you are really strapped for gold, do some conquests and sell the loot or do some gauntlet runs and stop early and take the earlier prizes to sell. You can also use trophies to repair your gear. It costs a lot less now after one of the updates. You probably just need to build up a small reserve since you've been out of action for awhile. Good to see you back on the sands though!
    Last edited by Dainoji; 08-30-2014 at 07:17 AM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Im going to retire all but flonne and belca untill the trophies run out and will likely retire them after that aswell. The game doesn't interest me asmuch anymore and the costs for running in full legendary paired with the temple costs get to me too much. I don't feel like i should be paying trophies to resurrect my gladiators either(no offense intended Dain ).

Hubba isn't actually offensive, nor is my other fresh meat war.
    I am thinking of turning them more offensive however, with the 2h rages and full tanks now better represented in numbers than before, the niche in the middle that Hubba was occupying is getting narrower nowadays.

Yea, players come in and out like always. Sometimes they take a break for a few months, come back for a couple months later, that's pretty much standard when you've been around long.
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 08-30-2014 at 06:10 PM.

I don't feel like i should be paying trophies to resurrect my gladiators either(no offense intended Dain ).
    None taken! You don't really have to do this if you don't want to. It's just an easy way to build up gold. I think my glads died a total of two or thee times last month. Other than injuries and repairing your gear there aren't a whole lot of other things to spend gold on once in blood gods anyway and I've never had a problem.

Hubba isn't actually offensive
    Huh, for some reason I remember him hitting like a truck. More of a tank n' spank then?
    Last edited by Dainoji; 08-30-2014 at 08:33 PM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris