View Poll Results: What kind of new tier 6 skill would you like to see for War gladiators?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Down And Dangerous - a skill that helps downed gladiators fight from the ground.

8 40.00%
  • Some kind of offensive skill instead.

9 45.00%
  • Other: Explain below in your post.

3 15.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Oh no! you wont always be able to make use of the skill. shock and horror. Its not like people get to make use of surprise ending every fight either, but it's an accepted part of the skill.

It may not get used all the time, but in those fights where its relevant, you'll thank yourself for having it. It also frees up a strategy line because you probably wont need one dedicated to getting back up from being prone.

The skill would also mean that you dont have to use dunder if youre terrified about going prone, because falling over isnt the end of the world.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I'm ok with proceeding with Down and Dangerous, but I'd just like to throw out a skill idea: maybe we should have a offensive version of never say die. The closer your war gets to losing whether by hp or endurance, he gets a bonus to damage. Kind of a "pulling victory from the jaws of defeat" type flavor similar to NSD or grim determination.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoca1ypse View Post
    Oh no! you wont always be able to make use of the skill. shock and horror. Its not like people get to make use of surprise ending every fight either, but it's an accepted part of the skill.

It may not get used all the time, but in those fights where its relevant, you'll thank yourself for having it. It also frees up a strategy line because you probably wont need one dedicated to getting back up from being prone.

The skill would also mean that you dont have to use dunder if youre terrified about going prone, because falling over isnt the end of the world.
    surpise ending isn't a top tier skill, and all other tier 6 skills are obviously going to get used every fight, so it's a different bar for expectations here.

I'm still ok to see and test it first, we can always try it first and then come back and discuss more.

...or maybe entangle will make wars fall over more? maybe that's the plan???
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 08-28-2014 at 08:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Apoca1ypse View Post
    Not necessarily, the skill description implies that your gladiator might get increased defense and possibly deflections (kind of like Armoured Fortress which triggers when he gets prone) while on the ground so you may want to try some defensive strategy with this. At the moment trying to defend when prone is an auto-loss.

Let's see what it does. I'm not a fan of skills which trigger following some semi-random event (hard to plan consistent strategies around them) and I still don't think that this is the way to cure the knockdown plague but it might be worth it. It will become clear in a few months, that's for sure.

Ah, sorry.
    Well i feel like armored fortress is superior to that new one so i chose second option.
    Im more concerned about mixing skill trees which is impossible when you need 90 in same tree to get the last skill in it. I love mixing different builds and i wonder why not go for more customization, like lessen the requirement to 80 so you could take at least one skill from different tree, or 70 so you can take 2 skills, shame we cant do stuff more freely xD
    Last edited by verinor; 08-29-2014 at 06:56 AM.

i think its a bit late, but i dont like the new pasive. some fights never bring the glad to the ground and with this pasive you fight better in ground than without it (its a good idea) but also you can get up earlier so the passive is not efective all the fight. Rage and theatrics are passives too but they work all the fight. I think its a good passive but not for the last war tier. maybe a passive that reduce the crits effects should be great.
    im a bit newbee but that is my impresion
    good bye!

A bit late to this, but I like Sotc's suggestion about offensive capabilities increasing as you get worn down.

I would also be interested in seeing a skill that uses shields more offensively, which in my opinion would really distinguish the war. Maybe something where it decreases your opponents initiative or defence and each shield could have a different aspect (buckler can do a shield stun, large shield can pin your opponent and increase critical chances, or something like that). This video below shows how the shield can actually be the weapon and how you use your sword to exploit the advantage...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkhpqAGdZPc

I'm okay with Down and Dangerous though if Nate feels it's right
    Stable: Stormcloak
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)