View Poll Results: What kind of new tier 6 skill would you like to see for War gladiators?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Down And Dangerous - a skill that helps downed gladiators fight from the ground.

8 40.00%
  • Some kind of offensive skill instead.

9 45.00%
  • Other: Explain below in your post.

3 15.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question New Tier 6 War Skill

One of the great things about playing a game developed by Indie developers is having direct access to the team. In Pit of War's case, that is me. As players of PoW you have always helped shape some aspects of the game because I actually do listen to feedback.

and unlike cruel Xerxes who demands you kneel, I require only that you vote and and offer up an intelligent argument supporting your opinion.

Currently the plan is to offer War gladiators a skill that helps them mitigate the negative affects of fighting on the ground. Some have asked that they are instead offered an offensive skill. What would you like to see?

If this is a topic that is of interest to you please take the time to vote on it AND write why you are voting that way. Thanks!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

To me this sounds like the perfect offensive skill for War glads, as I imagine this skill will allow skills to trigger while on the ground. I think this skill might even revive the War cry skill. Im really looking forward to playing around with this skill
    2 times 2 thumbs up, makes 4 for gore.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

I would like to complain that some specific players complain way too damn much, and is effectively trying to take the game hostage to their own whims with their incessant whining in Nate's ear all the time.
    I would like to vote for a 3rd option that Nate needs to tell some chronic whiners to just shut up for once, the game isn't made for just one or two people.

I'd rather see the skill come out first and reserve judgement later.
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 08-26-2014 at 01:39 AM.

Verinor, you need to explain and give reasons on why you voted the way you did.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Quote Originally Posted by Alba Kebab View Post
    I would like to complain that some specific players complain way too damn much, and is effectively trying to take the game hostage to their own whims with their incessant whining in Nate's ear all the time.
    I would like to vote for a 3rd option that Nate needs to tell some chronic whiners to just shut up for once, the game isn't made for just one or two people.

I'd rather see the skill come out first and reserve judgement later.
    I added a third option "Other" for you. You may want to explicitly vote in your post as well even though you allude to one over the other.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Quote Originally Posted by Alba Kebab View Post
    You mean me, I guess? Why don't you use names? Man up!

@Nate, I appreciate the poll, really, but it was never my intention to initiate something like this. I hope this is not because of me (and I suppose it is not because you certainly doesn't look like someone without an independent mind). This is your game, do what you want with it. I may like it or not, I'll probably tell either way (I don't hold my opinion, whoever doesn't like this is welcome to cry me a river) but that's where the story ends. If I convince you to change something - great! If I can't - no problem. Period.

In an earlier post I said I would try and give more notice to changes to the game and in addition I'd also like to get a better feel from the player base as to what they would like to see. To that end a poll on this topic seemed a good start. While it is true it is my game and there will be decisions made that some may not enjoy, I'd like to make the game a community endeavor when possible. Indie devs can't compete with the AAA studios on budget, graphics, marketing, glitz and glamour but we can stand head and shoulders above them when in comes to community, accessibility and customer support. That's what this is about.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

I would really like an offensive oriented skill. I do like offensive war glads and this could help some, if you don't want to get Armoured fortress.
    Stable: Thors Throne
    - Thor Odinson ! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Odin !
    - Freya Odrvif! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Friya !
    - Odin Allvatir ! The fucking beast amongst gods (Bihander warrior)
    - Friya ! Fast & Furious

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    I added a third option "Other" for you. You may want to explicitly vote in your post as well even though you allude to one over the other.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-
    A question,

Is down and dangerous supposed to be a variety type skill that can be used as an 'alternative style' to add an extra dimension to the way wars fight, like what Oedi is saying? or is it just a souped up defense skill to help cover War's weakness when sent to the ground?
    If it is the former I'd prefer for down and dangerous to stay. If it is the latter than I'd rather war be given an offensive skill, just so the war class can have a wider variety of options and builds available instead of just defaulting to one build.
    More variety is what I would like to see, and I would go with whichever of the two options(down and dangerous or some offensive skill) gives that.
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 08-26-2014 at 04:56 AM.

Stable Servant
    From my standpoint, as soon as the new skills were announced i just assumed there would be one offensive and one defensive choice for each class.

I was astonished when that turned out not to be the case for the war tree, especially when that tree lacks offense so badly already. To me the ground skill is akin to giving rage another offense skill choice at tier 6.

Avengelyn, Manager of Lethal Formula