In an PM exchange there has been discussion about spicing up the fight text recently. Apparently some of you out there desire 37 or more pieces of flare with each fight! I'll be the first to admit that the fight results favor function over form. This is for a couple of reasons, one being I wanted to make sure the message of what is going on is clear. The other reason is I would often times put in place holder text with the plan to go back and finalize it with something snappy. That hasn't always happened. I also wanted the fights to be easy to read and organizing them into little blocks of text representing each gladiator seemed like a good idea for that.

Having said that, I would be happy to have more of a "show not tell" style of fight dialogue with more exciting and engaging prose and less flat and mechanical sentences. Who among us is a budding writer or would like to test out their creative writing skills? If there is enough interest in something like this I will look into a way where I teach you how the game engine reads template sentences for various actions and then you can go crazy with your mad writing skills and send them to me to be included into the game.

There will obviously need to be a level of quality to meet and if the sentences sent back don't meet that standard, unfortunately they can not be included. Command of the English language, proper spelling and grammar are just as important as creativity (If English is not your first language, don't let that stop you from giving it a go if you are interested, you might surprise yourself with what you can come up with!). This is something you would do because you are a fan of the game and would like to be a part of it. The question of being rewarded with trophies for doing this has been asked and the answer to that is no, not officially, however, I'm sure I can think of something to acknowledge your contribution. If it turns out someone does an exceptional job perhaps an additional bonus could happen which may or may not include trophies. I don't want people to feel like they are getting "paid" to do "work" or only doing it because they are getting "paid". That mindset can lead to problems that everyone is better off without. Knowing you are a part of something you enjoy playing is the main reward.

If you are interested in doing something like this please let me know here so I can gauge the level of interest. Thanks!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-