Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Added Exotics and Shields, tweaked the formatting to make it more readable and edited a few things based on the feedback.

The armour types come next and given that they will be evaluated differently (obviously), I may need some time to put together the (seemingly) correct variables. So far these will definitely be included:

1) Deflection rate;
    2) Critical resistance;
    3) Bleeding resistance.

These are more problematic:

1) Blunt resistance;
    2) Cut resistance;
    3) Thrust resistance.

The reason is that apart from the not-so-long-ago introduced feature of better armour penetration of certain styles against certain armours, each armour type also seems to offer different protection against different weapons. For instance, from my experience the light armour of some Rages in Blood Gods seem to offer them more protection against blunt weapons than the medium armour of some Theatrics fighters but then again, Rages have Heavy Scarring which might be responsible for that reduction. Any impressions of your own?

Wow nice job Kreegan! I agree that exotics add more bleed than their blade counterparts.

You may want to make a note that the cestus cannot be disarmed.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Added the three armour types and an explanation how they are evaluated at the top of the post. I decided to use the properties which are more or less obvious and can be measured following continuous observations rather than adding features which might or might not be in the game.

Also, changed the Initiative Penalty of the Spear to Below Average as it seems to be faster than, say, the Baster Sword and added a Special Effect for the Claw that it can not be disarmed.

The list is now more or less completed (save the 2 new Exotics which I'll add when they are thoroughly tested) but will probably be edited in the future if something appears to be not-very-accurate.
    Last edited by Kreegan; 09-06-2014 at 04:18 AM.

Just a bump and a suggestion to sticky this.

The weapon types often get overlooked when building glads. Shifting up or down a level or two in "weight/speed rank" can completely turn around a glad that's struggling.
    Well done Kreegan!
    Stable: Stormcloak
    Current Glads: Lachdanan (human war), Ecthelion (human war), Kedro (rage elaar), Acheros (war elaar), Tsiroth (war elaar)
    HOL Retirees: Rauthreygo (human war), Farkas (rage elaar), Vilkus (theatrics elaar), Thalvric (war elaar), Gamling (war dunder), Kresjack (theatrics elaar), Percivus (war spite), Agravaine (war elaar)

I haven't said anything even tho this helped me more then few times, so let me say it; thank you and good work, Kreegan!

I do see you haven't added nets and whips yet to the list. I was wondering if you are planning on adding them? (no pressure )
    Holosts Stable.
    And best gladiator so far;
    Bayorn (dunder theatrics)
    Kicking ass in Blood Gods 2 levels behind and undergeared.

Noticeable Retired Glads;
    Kuljem (human theatrics)

I would suggest add a weight / speed for a weapon description.
    Although this parameter already described in the game, but it's also a main parameter releted to a skills choice and a strategy.

And yes, this topic is very useful. Thanks.
    Last edited by weaw; 11-17-2015 at 08:02 PM.

Heya,
    I have a question regarding armour. I've seen some Blood God-bracket gladiators wearing soul-bound armour, and just a second ago I received my first piece of soul-bound armour by defeating 'Grom Ironjaw'- so essentially my question is; what does 'soul-bound' do? I can see a green line of text that says '+8 armour penetration', and I assume this is because my glad is an Elaar. I just don't want to equip it because 'soul-bound' sounds like if I stick it on my gladiator I'll never be able to remove it again

Hi.
    "Soulbound" means "bound to one of Your gladiators". You can remove it. But You can't wear it on another gladiator.
    Last edited by weaw; 03-10-2016 at 07:38 AM.

Thanks a lot Weaw! Good to know.