Free Citizen

Activated Abilities Question

Does both gladiators activating abilities at the same time cancel one out? I had a case of a "Rampage" not doing anything when the opponent used "Strength of the Crowd" is that normal or just single time thing?

There are offensive and defensive activated skills and they work independent from each other and do not cancel each other out. There are defensive activated skills like Create Distance that stop an attack and any activated skill it would have done.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

All of the four activated defenses get a chance to cancel all damage from an incoming attack. Create distance and surprise ending does it every time, and in addition surprise ending transfers that damage back to your opponent.
    So this
    "Rampage" not doing anything when the opponent used "Strength of the Crowd" is that normal or just single time thing?
    is normal and my guess would be that the chance for it to happen is about 10-20% for never say die and strength of the crowd.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

I actually just saw a "Strength of the Crowd" defense negate all damage from a "Crippling Might" attack...didn't know Crippling Might could be stopped like that.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Might be a display bug, sometimes armour deflections don't show when they actually happen.

Not sure about the armor deflection...I'll check next time
    Last edited by Adoede; 08-14-2014 at 10:14 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Reread the text on crippling might, it is only A CHANCE to stop defensive skills from triggering.
    So it's not 100%.