5v5 worries me, especially because I only have 2 top tier gladiators, but depending on the mechanics/balance, I could have a lot of fun and not feel like I'm being whipped around by complete stables like SOTC's and Oedi's. If it takes 4 months to dial in (like when seasons first became a thing) I'm ok with that. You've always delivered with an awesome product and the wait has always been worth it
There are two possibilities for team construction:

1) Force teams to only be from one stable. This is fine and makes sense but what to do when a stable doesn't have 5 gladiators in Blood Gods?

2) Allow players to create teams and fill them with anyone's gladiators based on communication with other players. So, you could create a team, put your two BG gladiators on it and then maybe talk with other players with less than five gladiators, or maybe another player doesn't mind breaking his or her stable up into a couple of teams.

In both cases a mechanism needs to be in place to fill in empty slots. My idea here is to have the Arena supply gladiators in this case and these gladiators would be top shelf and equipped to match. This would also allow a new player with just one gladiator to make his own team and be able to compete with the best of the best.

This is just one idea of many I'm sure.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-