Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seasons Change?

+1

If its not already the case, I think it'd be neat to have the fight que simply rollover from the past week instead of go from the beginning again
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I suggest the simple change that instead of resetting the fight queue every week, just have glads continue their fight queue from where they finished the previous week.
    Thumbs up for this
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

+1 on having fight queue rollover. Rollover makes even more sense if you consider that seasons is already big enough that 56 fights/week isn't enough to give you a go at every glad in the bracket before you get reset.

I actually like the idea of team fights, as long as it's done right.
    I'm all for more involved strategy and fun, and less grind(I'm fine with everyone who likes to grind, and for many players that's their way of getting stuff, but I simply don't have that much free time to sit here all day)
    Right now the top 10 fights is a free for all, the team-up fights right now can be strategic if you are using your own gladiators or if you have a good idea whether your partners are on an offensive or defensive strat.

Right now I don't have any ideas on how to improve team fights without a lot of more work to make the cooperation more cohesive.
    The older managers in BG can probably guess pretty well whether someone from each other's stable is offensive or defensive, so that is a sort of start, and at least it's going to be easy picking a rage in the mix.

Maybe setting aside a set of team fights strategies is the easiest way to do it? just keep the team-fight strats separate from the 1v1 duel strats.
    Then as long as the team matchups are fixed and known 1 day in advance, so we know both who our teammates and opponents are in advance, then that *should* be enough to set up all the strategizing we need in a team fight, without having to build a lot of new team triggers etc.

ADDED:
    If we want to do test runs, we can always start with 2v2, or 3v3 first then move on to 5v5.
    Or we can test it as a weekly event thing and see if people want it to happen daily and if the setting up triggers for the team match would be too much trouble or no big problem for managers to handle on a daily basis.
    Last edited by Alba Kebab; 08-16-2014 at 01:05 AM.

I suggest the simple change that instead of resetting the fight queue every week, just have glads continue their fight queue from where they finished the previous week.
    I'll take a look and see what is involved in doing this. I don't think it should be a problem.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

That'd be awesome Nate
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Just wanted to say, thanks for the rollover fight queue Nate - it works perfectly.
    Adoede | Tevrosin