I'm currently designing a new idea for Seasons that will effectively turn it into a true team based competition. The details need to be worked out, however, this would add a lot more depth to the top bracket as team composition would now be an important meta game choice and it would help newly promoted gladiators as they won't be alone and naked vs the big bad wolfs atop the mountain. It would also take on a Blood Games feel (or old school feel for those of you who have played for long enough and remember) where fight tokens will no longer be used and the game will instead run the fights at a preset time. You'll know what team you are fighting in advance so you can plan ahead. Whether or not gladiators from the same stable have to be on the same team or players are able to create a team and populate it with their own and invite others is up in the air. There is the possibility a team will need a replacement gladiator or doesn't have enough to meet the number of gladiators needed and in this case I'm thinking to have the Arena provide the team with "champions" to make up the difference. Those champions could be NPCs or maybe inactive gladiators or retired, etc.

For starters it would be 5v5 teams and after working out the kinks we may introduce 2v2 and 3v3 which would all run simultaneously during the season. Whether or not gladiators can be on more than one team (i.e. a 5v5 and a 3v3) hasn't been decided. For players who really enjoy the 1v1 battles, the Blood Games will still be around and I have plans to overhaul that into a much larger spectacle of tournaments for all sizes, shapes and levels.

Some of my main reasons for this is I think a team dynamic will be much more interesting with a lot more depth for the end game. It would also lessen the difficulty for newly promoted gladiators as they would have teammates to help them out. The devil is in the details so figuring out how it would work regarding season length, promotions, creating teams, etc will take some thought. I was hoping to have it in place in time for the next season, but that may not be possible. If not, i may cut the next season short instead of waiting two months to bring this online assuming it is a go.

I'd love to hear your input and ideas.

-Nate-