Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Will nets be added or will entangle just be a skill with no particular weapon?

Hard to Hit and Entangle look really promising and I can already see quite some tactical uses but Down and Dangerous is really uninspired, judging from its description. That skill basically cancels itself (getting up faster) and gives no bonus if your gladiator doesn't get knocked down. Armoured Fortress already provides some extra defense, even for prone fighters. And the War tree already has more than enough "may or may not do something" skills.

I'd suggest to move the faster recovery effect to Light as a Feather where it belongs from day 1 and come up with something else that is supposed to compete with Armoured Fortress. There are quite many possible alternatives. Damage deflection with returned bleeding at level 10 (Spiked Armour?), increased Critical Protection with some (reasonably low) chance to halve the attack damage at level 10, maybe even something offensive like reducing the off-hand weapon damage penalty and adding extra Attack Power at level 10 (Ambidexterity or something), just to name a few thing which would really make me think if I should take Armoured Fortress or the other skill.

Nets and whips look awesome

I've been waiting for them to make an appearance for years
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Will nets and whips still do something if you haven't trained entangle?

Nets and whips look pretty sweet!

Like sugar?

All three skills look very cool Nate! Looking forward to seeing those whips and nets in action too!
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    Hard to Hit and Entangle look really promising and I can already see quite some tactical uses but Down and Dangerous is really uninspired, judging from its description. That skill basically cancels itself (getting up faster) and gives no bonus if your gladiator doesn't get knocked down. Armoured Fortress already provides some extra defense, even for prone fighters. And the War tree already has more than enough "may or may not do something" skills.

I'd suggest to move the faster recovery effect to Light as a Feather where it belongs from day 1 and come up with something else that is supposed to compete with Armoured Fortress. There are quite many possible alternatives. Damage deflection with returned bleeding at level 10 (Spiked Armour?), increased Critical Protection with some (reasonably low) chance to halve the attack damage at level 10, maybe even something offensive like reducing the off-hand weapon damage penalty and adding extra Attack Power at level 10 (Ambidexterity or something), just to name a few thing which would really make me think if I should take Armoured Fortress or the other skill.
    I don't agree with Kreegan on alot of things but this is one of those cases where we are actually on the same page. The fact that wars get stronger when prone yet get up faster really defeats the purpose of the skill as a whole + it's a skill wholy dependant on the opponent even knocking them down (or them being an idiot and slipping on a forgotten skull or something )

Let's put it in a war's perspective: I want to be on the ground! *trips* oh....*gets back up and dusts armour*

Something isn't adding up here

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm glad to see many of your are excited for the new skills. For those of you not interested in War's new skill that's ok and totally understandable, not everyone will like everything. For players who manage War gladiators and think a number of their losses are due to having to fight from the ground a lot, this new skill is another option for them, a new tool for their toolbox if they would like to include it. You may want to reserve judgement until it is actually live in the arena. If it still isn't something you want or don't think is useful, Armoured Fortress isn't going anywhere and may be the better choice for you in that case.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-