Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    I knew you would say that. The problem with this concept is that you are suggesting to lose less due to the excessively frequent knockdowns but to lose more due to the loss of defense that Armoured Fortress provides. I get it, it's a trade, but not a good one. You can build a strategy around getting hit less often or around reducing the fighting efficiency and exhausting the opponent but you can't really plan around getting eventually knocked down.

But OK, let's see how it works first. What are the chances to be replaced if it turns to be less-than-good?

What are the chances to be replaced if it turns to be less-than-good?
    "less-than-good" is a value judgement based on opinion and perspective. Your "less-than-good" may be someone's "great". As always skills can be massaged and modified as everything else has been in the game but it will be done via data analysis, not complaining on the forums or gut feelings.

but you can't really plan around getting eventually knocked down
    Now you can.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

I'll give an example. In my personal, biased and flawed in a completely human way opinion War Cry is a less-than-good skill because it has very very narrow tactical application and is completely neglected in the upper brackets (frankly I rarely see it used in the lower brackets as well). It is probably mathematically and statistically (i.e. what may happen on the average if you use it 10 000 times) a very nice skill but the practical usage shouts "it works not, man!". Maybe there is one particular, secret build out there for which War Cry does wonders but that doesn't change anything because there are dozens of builds for which Hamstring, Rampage, Brute Force, etc. skills do wonders and you don't need to dedicate time just to discover that build for the sake of it, their usefulness is self-evident.

So, what I'm actually asking is if Down and Dangerous turns to be another War Cry, is it going to be modified/replaced?

Ah, let me finish with something positive because the last few posts might just create the impression that I'm only criticizing (how terrible of me). The fishnets look really nice. And the whips... I can imagine a few Theatrics managers switching to female fighters just because of them.

There will always be skills, races, builds, etc that some think are better than others. The majority might even think a certain way. That doesn't make it correct though. There are no sacred cows in the game, if data indicates something needs to change then one day it will change.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
    Will nets and whips still do something if you haven't trained entangle?
    Nets and whips can still be used like any other weapon without the entangle skill, however, they won't do any of the cool tricks that come with having the entangle skill.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-