Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Tier 6 Mystery Skills

Greetings Pit Masters!

I'm currently playtesting the new mystery skills and wanted to give you a little teaser. I'll give you the name of the skills (which are subject to change) and let you try and figure out where they go and what they do!

Entangle

Evasive Maneuvers

Ground Fighting

Keep in mind if during playtesting they turn out to not work so well they'll be replaced with something else. So far everything is going well and it proves to open up a lot of new options for builds.

Who thinks they have it figured out?

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Entangle - sounds like the long-awaited off-hand fishing net will be a reality for theatrics...
    Ground Fighting - Something heavy wars have long asked for
    Evasive Maneuvers - Defense on a Rage??? Interesting if it really is for the Rage class. Morphs the rages into potential lunge/dodge types...

Question: Will we have to pick one or the other tier 6 skill or will it be possible to have them both (since they currently both require 90 skill points in previous tiers...meaning we can only take one tier 6 skill)
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Fishnets? always loved a girl in fishnets...

I would have imagined ground fighting is for rages and evasive maneuvers are for wars?

Erm... if Ground Fighting is for Wars, it might be a poor substitute to just fixing the Knockdown mechanics so they don't hurt Wars so badly (especially for a top tier skill which is supposed to compete with Armoured Fortress for your attention)... Then again, let's wait and see what it is supposed to do.

I suppose ground fighting on a rage makes sense - perhaps allowing them to still activate skills while on the ground
    But evasive maneuvers for a war? Even more defense?

I guess we'll wait and see
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Entangle for Theatrics.
    Evasive Maneuvers for Rage.
    Ground Fighting for War.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Question: Will we have to pick one or the other tier 6 skill or will it be possible to have them both (since they currently both require 90 skill points in previous tiers...meaning we can only take one tier 6 skill)
    They both will require 90 skill points and the skill cap of 100 will remain the same.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

I'd guess:

Entangle - War

Evasive Maneuvers - Theatrics

Ground Fighting - Rage

Well, Nate wrote down Entangle first. As the rage is the "first class", it is highly unlikely that Entangle is for the rage. (People leaving room for guesses won't start with a 1-1, even if they change the order up for the other parts of a list.

Evasive maneuvers would fit the rage or the theatrics. (Yes, War has some pretty nice defense, but well, it's not evasive making armour feel lighter and stuff suits him, evasion not!)
    Entangle could be on all of them, really hard to say. Probably also a nice defensive move. My guess is actually on the war here.
    Which leaves ground fighting for the rage. It could be on all of them as well, but it would actually fit him, I guess. Get knocked down, doesn't care, wants to destroy some faces.

Really looking forward to hearing what they actually do! Speed up your testing a bit, Nate.
    Stable: Thors Throne
    - Thor Odinson ! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Odin !
    - Freya Odrvif! Finally retired ! Searching for my next Friya !
    - Odin Allvatir ! The fucking beast amongst gods (Bihander warrior)
    - Friya ! Fast & Furious