Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    Stable Servant
    Seems a moot point lol... I've been trying every day since February and havent gotten anything great.... heck only got above 1200 (barely) 3 times and they all had a stat below 75.

I'd double check your expectations when it comes to recruitment I think. Ultimately it comes down to how you build your gladiator that makes it successful or not. There are gladiators from pre-buffed-stat era that consistently make top 10-top 20 in Blood Gods each season. I've definitely had "sub par" glads that surprised me with their performance given a few tweaks in their gear/strats
    Stable: Blood Bathed | Blood Bathedtwo

Stable Servant
    Follwing the advice given in the replies earlier... including your own Bloodbath. 1180+ for premium with about a 610+ or so total stat line and no size/stam below 80. Really nothing below 80 and at least one offensive stat 90+.

Havent really gotten any to meet those requirements sadly.

Yeah I feel that. I mean I look for that 1180+/around 610 stats as a personal thing. Since I already have a stable of premium slaves competing in Blood Gods so any new slave I get I want to be a major competitor. But in the end, having a premium slave and working it up to Primus/BG is more fun than doing nothing. I've wasted so many premium slaves on Slayer build experiments lol. Anyways, feel free to message me in-game with any slaves you see that might be viable and I'll give you my 2 cents. Hope your slave market luck turns around!
    Stable: Blood Bathed | Blood Bathedtwo

Bloodbath is right.
    I too burned through my premium slaves for wild slayer builds xD
    It all depends on your goal. If you want a competitive glad that is capable to fight in the top 10, than you can take any glad with 80 in each stat (many "purple" gear glad reach the top 10).
    But if you want a real shot at Nr.1 than you should be really picky! And always consider this! You cant get experience without a glad allready fighting in full orange gear in Blood Gods.
    Get one "semi" good premium slave that compliments your build ( for example my theatric has all main stats agi,stam,pres over 95, but 69 in Int....) he works well for his build, but I feel the lack of int in his stats almost every fight.... he is good...but great.

Stil never skip SIZE! especially if your glad wears medium or heavy armor.

Stable Servant
    Thank you both for the additional advice... here is a question: Right now I have no gladiators. I have a premium slave to buy that I have been hunting for a while. If I refresh the slave market, it gives me all normal gladiators. If I were to purchase one or more of those normal gladiators (in order to get some guys to play with now) will I still go back to the premium slaves offered the next day?

After the refresh you will stil have new premium slaves to chose from. I think the game displays it as a "normal" slave even if its premium, just change to blacksmith and back to the slave market and you will see the same stats on your "normal" slaves but with the premium label.
    In better words, if you have a premium slave in the market you are forced to get him first before you can get normal slaves again. At least that was the case on my last 5 slaves.

After you got your first "Testing" premium slave (I cycled through 2-4 premium slaves for each Glad I have now in Blood gods before commiting to the final ones) take all the normal slaves with any stats and playtest them till retirement. Even if you are an all rage guy, make your normal slaves every other class so you have first hand experience for future fine tuned strats and dont look at your win/lose ratio on your normal slaves.

Stable Servant
    Ahh ok, I see what you mean... hmm now to decide how many times I wanna use trophies to reset slave market lol

After you have 3-4 premium slaves fighting, you can get really picky with your 5th slave. You can easily burn through 2000 trophies without any 1200 slaves

Edit (I checked my theatric yesterday, now i know why he sucks so bad vs shadows... he actually has Int at 67 and Chi at 69.. ) so you can get at least ones a year a top 3 spot with such abyssmal stats.

And please tell us if you picked your glad, its always fun to watch young glads climb up the ladder.