Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

The "Should I Get This Slave" Thread

Seeing as people keep making new threads asking for advice on whether or not to get a slave, and what to make them, I figure why not finally make 1 thread for everyone to ask in.

Hopefully it will not only reduce clutter, but may also preemptively answer questions for people who are looking at getting a slave similar to one that's already been queried about.

Quick tips for slave selection:

- Dont get too caught up on getting the "perfect slave" as normally you will want to retire it to the Hall of Legends and gain access to a Premium Slave (HoL slave) which have rather juiced stats (then you can get picky )

- Try to have size and stamina over 65

- If any stats are below 55, it's probably worth giving a miss regardless of how good everything else is.

- A gladiator under 900gp is normally not worth taking
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

This is a really good idea! Thanks for taking the initiative, I'll be sure to use this thread for any of my future slave questions!
    ~Frostee~

Stable: Frostee Fyre-

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

~Regular Gladiator, HoL Gladiator, Retired Gladiator~

Okay, came across a gladiator for 1024 gold in my HoL, I know what you must be thinking "why would he even consider getting that when he's passed on 1100+ glads?" two reasons: 98 presence and 95 SIZE

Here's his full stats:

75 str, 66 int, 54 agility (if this was higher it'd be an instant-buy from me, it's the only thing making me nervous and ultimately why his price is so low...), 79 stam, 95 size, 98 pres, 78 chi

Should I get this gladiator for his insane size and presence or should I skip due to his really low agility? If I should get it, what would you recommend I make out of him? Need an answer by the end of today, because there is no pause on the HoL timer! Thanks!
    ~Frostee~

Baratheonus, Snivlez, Doomedsoul, Godly Greg, Bloody Bill, Benevolent Ben, Raging Rick, Dangerous Dan

If you get him, either a 2H Rage or 2H War would be great. I'd go with 2H Rage and see how many opponents I could kill He'd be a good glad for those days when the pit fight winner is determined by kills. Maybe you pass on him...but if you're having fun with it, why not try it out. If you get bored with it, you can always retire him again in a few months.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Thanks for the advice Adoede I had the same original thought as you, but I want my next batch of 5 to go into the BGs, and I am going to be extremely picky (plus I don't want the hassle of a stable of 5 again so soon, too much work with University term coming up and all :P ) so I think I'll be passing on this one, still, some very nice stats on it, even for a HoL
    ~Frostee~

Greetings.
    I just got a non HoL slave on the market for 970
    His stats are:
    Str 64
    Int 63
    Agi 73
    Sta 79
    Size 79
    Pres 67
    Chi 74

I wonder what should I make of him. Looks like rage material, but I don't realy like rages.

Edit: My stable is full so I have to sell one of my older gladiators to get this one. Can it have a good carrier and early retirement?
    Last edited by Ogornomus; 01-18-2015 at 02:55 AM.

I would make that a blades rage, or a blades theatrics. Probably rage because of his int.

TBH, I would probably just hang onto the slaves you have and retire them so that you can get a HoL slave.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

Hi. I have a slave in market with following stats: 79 strength, 56 int, 91 agility, 75 stamina, 84 size, 91 presence, 79 chi. price is 1054.
    I'm wondering how much low int would effect if I'd make speed rage and hear opinions should I pick this one?

The price alone is outstanding (unseen for me) and the stats beside int are really great for a non HOL. You will especially have difficulties training your weapon skill, but overall such low int should not have a big impact in retiring this glad. I'd be happy seeing this slave popping up in the market.

If it's an HOL one personally I'd not pick it and wait for a more balanced one, although I've never run a glad with that low int and the other stats are pretty good. Int can still be much lower for a rage imho. It'd maybe interesting getting it.
    E: Most probably HOL, not sure why I thought it might be a regular one...
    Last edited by Rhinocervs; 01-25-2015 at 10:32 AM. Reason: brainbombed

He's dumb, but should make for a pretty fun glad. He'd make a decent speed rage.