Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Thumbs up New Update 5/14/2014: New Blood Gods Goodies And Time Saving Options!

Greetings Pit Masters!

A new update has just gone live! This is the first partial release of a larger update. Rather than keep you all waiting I broke it up into pieces. Please see below for more details:

BLOOD GODS
    - Rating requirements for Legendary gear in the Chamber of Power have been lowered to 1500 for weapons and 500 for armour.
    - At the end of each season gladiators may now carry over 50% of unused BGP.
    - Primus gladiators newly promoted into the Blood Gods bracket are now gifted with 10,000 BGP.
    - The requirement to win 30+ fights each week for full BGP has been removed and instead gladiators who win 30+ fights each week will receive a 10% bonus to their weekly BGP.
    - The requirement to initiate 20 fights per week for full BGP has been removed and instead gladiators who initiate 55+ fights each week will receive a 10% bonus to their weekly BGP.

TIME SAVING OPTIONS
    There comes a time in every gamers life where "real life" gets in the way and bogs us down. Silly things like jobs, school, children and other responsibilities tug and pull on us and reduce the amount of time we have to do what is really important. PLAY GAMES! I joke of course, but the truth is sometimes we don't have as much time as we wish we did for whatever reason. With that in mind I have implemented a few time saving options for those who wish to use them.

- One Click Tavern Contracts - We've already had this for some time, but now when used your gladiators will also get their loot like trophies, arena fight tokens and gear!

- One Click Pit Fights - That's right, just one click of the button and your gladiator will do as many pit fights as their energy allows for and get all the gold and squids!

- One Click Arena Fights - Yup, with just one click your gladiator will do as many arena fights as he or she has tokens. If they happen to be awarded with more tokens those will get used as well. This will work best with the Auto Heal membership because if your gladiator dies in the middle of the run it will stop.

With just three simple clicks your gladiators can now easily engage with most areas of the game in a fraction of the time leaving you free to attend to your other responsibilities in life, spend more focused time on the areas of the game you care more about or even manage more gladiators!

AUTO SELL MEMBERSHIP
    Tired of looking in your vault and seeing gear you don't want? No problem! Head on over to the Blacksmith and look at the Automated Services he now offers. In addition to Auto Repair, you can now Auto Sell! Simply choose the gear quality that you want to be sold automatically and it will be done anytime you find it. Almost like magic!

More awesome updates are right around the corner!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

awesome
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Hell yes!!!

The change to auto tavern runs also makes me happy. Finally keeping gear pleases me

Now to just try and work out if I can financially justify bringing Willis out of retirement....
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 05-15-2014 at 05:52 PM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Training Dummy
    Updates look great. Any chance we can get the auto sell option worked into the membership packages... The special 6 pack changed to 7 would be great. With the current changes it saves me less time if I dont use the autosell as far as tavern fights go. I use the auto tavern thing pretty regulary and one perk of the old way was I didnt have to deal with junk gear. Now, since there is no way to opt out of the get loot in taverns and I dont really want to pay more shields than the 76 I am already paying for two weeks I have to go to the blacksmith and sell the junk manually which is annoying.

After trying out the latest update's new toys for a few days, I'm very happy with them! Awesome update Nate! You made it so easy I'm actually considering running more glads now! I'm enjoying the underground pit fights more now too. I already have my strats tuned so I'm not so interested in reading all the details of the fights but seeing the results in a few seconds is cool. If we can get something similar for the gauntlet I'd be all over it. I enjoy the gauntlet's format but don't always have the time to dedicate to it.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Stable Servant
    Love all the additions with the strong exception of the Blacksmith Auto Sell Feature.

The issue of grey and white items EVER dropping has always irked me, its absolute garbage. Making that stuff drop from Tavern runs etc is nothing but a spam engine filling up our vaults, and the fact that your offering a solution to a problem of your creation (by spending real money), honestly puts a bad taste in my mouth.

Some alternate ideas:

- Removal of grey and white drops ENTIRELY from the game.
    - Add a tier of auto-sell for each level of the armory a manager has purchased (the better options of armory gear wise are all worthless).
    - Make at least the grey and white tiers of gear auto-sell for in game coin instead of trophies.
    - Add full auto-sell options to the various "combination" memberships at no additional cost.

Also on a side note, it would be really, really nice if the equipment page defaulted to my vault rather than the armory. I have to believe that no manager wants to see the armory again after character creation for initial gear.

Again, truly excited about all the other changes.

Thanks for asking for, and responding to, the concerns of your customers.

Lethal Formula

Thanks for the feedback everyone, I appreciate it. I'm glad to hear you all are enjoying the new update. I'm already working on the next update and will make another announcement when I get closer to it being ready. For now everything with this update will remain the same, however, nothing is ever in stone and may change in the future. Thanks again!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Just a bit more feedback:

I am LOVING the ability to do all my pit fights in 1 go. May help me out with by gold levels, and hopefully win some cool new stuff too.

The change to tavern runs to now give you items when you do the autorun is glorious, and something I've wanted for a long time.

The autosell addition to the blacksmith is something I havent tried yet, because I dont think it's worth the trophies (for me at least) but for people with only a few vault slots, I bet its a godsend.

All in all, I love the updates.

Also, when did the cost to rerecruit a retired glad go up to 1000T? Rather sad about that.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

The cost to re-recruit a gladiator changed quite a while ago.

I'm new here and I didn't want to post a new thread so this was the most appropriate thread I could find. if one of yall like the idea, maybe you could put it into a UI suggestions thread or something. it seems to me the gold/trophies/energy display at the top right of the glad overview could accommodate a display for arena tokens. in other words, a token counter to notify mgrs when they're ready to fight, at a glance. trophies, gold, tokens, energy. thanks and hello from the Florida Everglades.