Question: Repeat challenges

First a comment, they're pretty annoying when same glad just repeat challenges over and over ad nauseum.

Anyway, figured would return the favors, but seems I can't. What am I missing here?

Example:

[Apr 29 08:21 pm] ARENA - NAME REMOVED vs Erkel
    [Apr 29 08:20 pm] ARENA - NAME REMOVED vs Erkel
    [Apr 29 08:20 pm] ARENA - NAME REMOVED vs Erkel
    or
    [Apr 30 12:12 am] ARENA - NAME REMOVED vs Jazzy Mae
    [Apr 30 12:12 am] ARENA - NAME REMOVED vs Jazzy Mae

All challenges in a row within a minute - happens every day from same folks. But when I tried to return the favor I get a 15 minute "cooldown" before I can re-challenge the same glad. So why am I apparently limited in challenges to same gladiator by having to wait 15 mins between them when I see these other glads able to make multiple consecutive challenges within a minute or less?

What gives? Pretty annoying all in all. I must be missing something here.

Edit: To add, I thought maybe it had something to do with the challenging gladiator being behind in rankings, but that doesn't seem to be the case as I just checked and in the first example above the challenging gladiator was ranked higher before initiating the consecutive <1min apart challenges.
    Last edited by Black Peter; 04-29-2014 at 08:58 PM.

You're getting the cool down because you are in the top 10 of your ladder, and that also allows someone to chain you for as long as you stay in the top 10.

Its been a long time since I've been able to use challenges, but I think that's right.
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 04-29-2014 at 09:52 PM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

The way it works is if you're in the top 10, anyone can challenge you as often as they like. If you challenge someone who isn't in the top 10 you can only challenge once and then cooldown applies. And yes. It is annoying when one glad uses all 8 challenges for each of their glads to challenge one of yours. But...look at it this way - they're helping you get to 1000 fights sooner

By the way, if you're only fighting two glads you're missing out on the chance to develop and retire other glads quickly. I'd suggest using your trophies to buy stable slots so you can have more glads developing simultaneously...that is, assuming you have 15 extra trophies lying around of course...
    Last edited by Adoede; 04-29-2014 at 11:41 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    By the way, if you're only fighting two glads you're missing out on the chance to develop and retire other glads quickly. I'd suggest using your trophies to buy stable slots so you can have more glads developing simultaneously...that is, assuming you have 15 extra trophies lying around of course...
    No, I have a full stable of 5 going just used a couple for examples.

And, dang, shouldn't have accepted Blood Games invites for the 5 of them either. WTF do i know? Didn't know it'd get matches vs. blood gods and all. lol

Entering the Blood Games is rather pointless if you don't have a Blood Gods tier gladiator, you'll only win bills from the temple. You should have checked what's waiting for your there though, the participants and the matchups are publicly available.