Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I fairly much agree with everything Kreegan has posted.

Bloodgods as it currently is to me is just a contest between the "have's" vs the "have not's". By "have's" i mean the people who have full sets of orange gear be this by being in bloodgods for a long period, having done insane numbers of conquest/gauntlet runs to get orange gear, or those glads that were able to spend large amounts of trophies at the start of the bloodgods to get large amounts of orange gear before the ability to spend trophies if you where in the top 10 was removed. Of course you can attempt to run the gauntlet and conquests numerous times to luck into a useful orange piece of gear and eventually become one of the "have's", but this leads to the biggest change in PoW to me that is driving me away from this game.

The PoW that i fell in love with playing was a gladiator combat game that while insanely fun only took 15-30 minutes to play a day. During my years of playing and spending money to support the game it has been my morning ritual to get a drink and sit down before work and play PoW. Unfortunately with having a full time job and a family with 3 kids that is about the total amount of time i can put towards any game at this time. So with the change of this game into one that now requires, at least for the high end play, large amounts of time (to do conquests/gauntlets) to have any chance to progress in the end game has in fact ruined the game for me. My hope that has kept me playing was that you could just accept the losses at the beginning and slowly gear up, but that has proven to be a false hope because of the artificial gating in bloodgods that comes from having to have 30 wins a week and then rating requirements to purchase good gear even if you are able to finally saved up enough points to afford them. This is further compounded by the fact that there are two pools of orange gear, ones that you can purchase with points and then ones that are given out in the gauntlet/conquests/bloodgames. This means that there is gear that you can only get by playing the time sink part of the game, which honestly sucks in my opinion.

Once this season is over i am going back to lurking in the shadows on the forums here rather then being an active player. But I will keep hoping that Nate gets to a point where he can do the hardcore server which i am hoping will be more like the original pit of war.
    Last edited by Cynaidh; 04-22-2014 at 08:59 AM.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold