Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I can perform statistical analyses if Nate wants (per Kreegan's suggestion) since I've got access to Minitab.

As promised I spent some time looking things over after listening to your feedback. Below you will find information on changes or actions meant to address some of the concerns some players have. Not all concerns are being addressed now, some will happen later as they fit in with the development schedule. Some of you will agree with the below solutions, some of you will not and that is completely acceptable and understandable. If you are happy with the solutions that's great, I'm glad I could do that for you. If you are unhappy with them because they fall short of your expectations, I apologize in advance. In that case if you have further comments or suggestions regarding this topic I ask you to please move the conversation to private channels and send me a private message(PM) where I'll be more than happy to continue the dialogue with you and listen to your feedback.

Please also understand my complete focus is not and can not be on the end game where only a small fraction of players reside. I have a responsibility to the entire player base (paying and free) and must focus my attention everywhere. The end game has always received the lion's share of my efforts throughout PoW's history and this year is the first time it has not. I ask for your patience and your understanding on this. There are a lot of new developments in the works right now that new players are going to enjoy and veteran players will enjoy as well. Nobody is being neglected but there will be periods of time when your favorite part of the game may not receive frequent updates and then there will be periods of time when it will.

I'm not surprised that the hardcore PvP crowd isn't as happy recently since my efforts as of late have been on PvE content and the retention rate for the game has improved because of it. This is good for everyone. I am a hardcore PvPer myself so I understand your passion and ask you to believe me when I tell you that you have not been forgotten.

Now, without further ado:

The following changes will go into effect very soon:
    - rating requirements for Chamber of Power gear are being lowered to 1500 for weapons and 500 for armour. This was planned for next season anyway, however, I'm moving it up a few days.
    - at the end of the season gladiators will be allowed to carry over 50% of unused BGP.

The following changes will go into effect next season:
    - one time gift to all blood god gladiators of 10,000 BGP (14,000 BGP cap still applies).
    - newly promoted Primus gladiators will be gifted 10,000 BGP upon entering the Blood Gods bracket.
    - the requirement to win 30+ fights for full BGP is being removed and instead gladiators who win 30+ fights each week will receive a 10% bonus to their weekly BGP.
    - the requirement to initiate 20 fights per week to receive any BGP is being removed and instead gladiators who initiate at least 55 fights each week will receive a 10% bonus to their weekly BGP.

The above changes are all that will be implemented for now. As I mentioned earlier if you are still unhappy and have further comments or suggestions please send me a PM and we can discuss it further.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

I agree with the blacksmith refreshing for wars for legend gear can be tedious, sometimes the problem isn't even the trophy cost but the time cost, because we only have 1 day to get everything. And to have enough time to cycle through for the pieces you want for all your glads, it might take several hrs, which can be a problem given your schedule on that day.
    It's one thing to login everyday and do your chores, which can be done in 10 mins if you don't have time, but for the Seasons ending gear handout day, I find myself regularly in trouble if I have less than 1 hr to login.

Great changes, good job Nate ! You're the Man !
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Very cool changes Nate!

nice changes indeed will get my first orange weapon yey
    Vertigo: Sky Warp, Reflector

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    The following changes will go into effect very soon:
    - rating requirements for Chamber of Power gear are being lowered to 1500 for weapons and 500 for armour. This was planned for next season anyway, however, I'm moving it up a few days.
    - at the end of the season gladiators will be allowed to carry over 50% of unused BGP.

The following changes will go into effect next season:
    - one time gift to all blood god gladiators of 10,000 BGP (14,000 BGP cap still applies).
    - newly promoted Primus gladiators will be gifted 10,000 BGP upon entering the Blood Gods bracket.
    - the requirement to win 30+ fights for full BGP is being removed and instead gladiators who win 30+ fights each week will receive a 10% bonus to their weekly BGP.
    - the requirement to initiate 20 fights per week to receive any BGP is being removed and instead gladiators who initiate at least 55 fights each week will receive a 10% bonus to their weekly BGP.

Excellent changes! The 10k BGP Gift was a nice, unexpected surprise too

Doesnt really affect my glads now that they're kitted up, but the broader player base benefiting makes me very happy Let the tougher competition begin
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Brilliant changes Nate

I'm particularly impressed by how you made unequal fight queues a non-issue just by lowering the ratings requirements for gear. Nicely done!

Time to put my money where my mouth is and load up on some more trophies
    Adoede | Tevrosin

As a player just getting started in Blood Gods, Thank you very much Nate. The changes look great.
    ....... /\/ orth Point
    ....../,,,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gladiatorial Academies
    ..../,,,,,,,,\
    ../S o u t h\ Point

Welcome to the Blood Gods, Jerimy !

Don't forget to contact the captain of the Patron Team of your choice before the start of next season tomorrow. Personnally I would be happy to welcome you in our team with Crow and Cynaidh, please contact our Captain Crow today if you are interested !
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss