Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: k.o again :)

Considering Flash has more fights than Apoc's Team Win and the 2nd most fights overall of any stable, I'd say he's been around a looooong time.

A well run elite Tank can beat any theatrics 99% of the time aside from knockouts. Today, Seraph Zeta lost to a theatrics for the first time in a long time - by knockout. I know it's a controversial skill, but I run three theatrics - one speed, one whip entangle, and one net entangle - and none of them has beaten an elite tank in many seasons...and I've tried all sorts of things to boost their attack, armor penetration, endurance, bleed, etc... If knockout starts getting useful again, that will bring another potential shift to the meta-game along with the new shadows (btw, Zynaidh's loss to Seraph Zurell made me think shadows will have a tough time against hybrid wars and maybe even against the elite tank wars in blood gods)

And Kreegan is right that the tanks suppress everyone else except the 2H Ragers who manage to get out ahead of the speedsters in the rankings. Having theatrics find any level of success against those tanks will dramatically shift the meta-game.

For my part, I only started a tank because you need one for conquests. Wouldn't be sad to see tanks fall back to the pack.
    Last edited by Adoede; 03-19-2015 at 06:39 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Oh, I do love the debate of the KO. I love the KO skill, and indeed there are certain weapons that excel at KO then others as well as certain Strategies.
    My upper Theatrics were pretty consistent at about 35%-40% KO rate per 10 wins throughout Maximus and lower Primus. They now sit around 25%-30% per 10 in upper Primus. However it does seem very roller coaster, none for a bit and then they can just rattle off 5 or 6 KO's per 10, but it always seems to settle around the 25%-30% in the long run.

I also don't see any problem with the KO as a match ender, when they need to defend themselves against 500 pt DFA hits almost every 3 rounds, or 800+ Rampage bombs in the first and 4 rounds. All those hits are more then likely landing then not. Every build has its strength and weakness, and for a Theatrics that is built for the KO, they are giving up a lot of power in order to land a higher amount of quality hits to the head, as well as reducing their bleed rate by aiming for the head opposed to more fleshy parts.

Every fighter gives up something to excel at something else. If a Rage can end a match in 2 or 3 hits, and a War can wear a steel dome on his head as well as hold the Iron Jaw skill to reduce the KO chances dramatically while tanking hits to 2 points or landing DFA's at 500 a pop. Then the Theatrics KO and it's randomized chances are just par for the course.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

I don't see what Theatrics are giving up so much to train KO. Spending 10 skill points from a certain increase of your win record isn't really a tough decision to make. But that's not even the point. If KO was a skill that helped your gladiator fight better, as weaw put it, it would have been OK - but that's not what it does. I feel robbed when my fighter completely dominates the opponent, then he/she scores some mosquito bite hit for 20 damage to the head, planets align and "it's lights out". Or when the battle doesn't even start because the first hit results in KO. Where's the fun in that? Or where is the strategy?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    Where's the fun in that? Or where is the strategy?
    The strategy is in hitting them in the head

You are right though. It is not fun to lose to a random K.O. But I think that applies to an early disarm (and the gadiator gets a weapon he can't use) or anny effect that comes at random and just loses you the match instantly (like getting knocked to the ground and unable to get up or getting chain stunned).
    I have returned once more and it seems I'm here to stay.

Ogornomus - master of Iron Aegis

Active Gladiators: Shiroyama, Iron Daimyo, Rom Ironhide, Ludex Grunreer, Decapitare
    Retired: Sigwald, Haraxur Dervish, Davlan, Black Degron, Facles Secutor, Quickshank, Sindrel Myr, FacelessSecutor, Iron Enforcer, Blackiron Guard, Lionel Oldblood, Elaar Venguard, AceOfBlades, Crueligan, Cyrus Lupercal

I'm sure half these fighters felt cheated too. They still deserved the loss!

Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Getting knocked out doesn't require a huge hit, it's more about placement.

I love the KO skill and so does LL Cool J!

The official theatrics theme song!

Yeah, these guys are also wearing steel helmets that can deflect mace blows. They're just transparent, obviously.

@Ogornomus, yes, first hit disarm or knockdown or stun can be a fight-winner quite often but your fighter doesn't automatically lose. I've seen more than a few fights where one of the gladiators recovers after a very bad start and manages to turn the battle upside down. Far more acceptable than "you lose, period".
    Last edited by Kreegan; 03-19-2015 at 11:51 PM.

you talk about the knockout skill like it was a sure win when you hit your enemies head once. believe me itīs not. but what interest me more, how would you replace the skill?

To me the KO skill is just plain boring it makes the game less fun to play. I would suggest instead a skill where you could target different parts of the gladiator to gain advantages in the fight.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.