Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: k.o again :)

As my gladiators got higher level I noticed an increase in getting K.O.-d. Mostly against theatrics wich is not a surprise. How ever it is not that often.
    If I would try to defend against it I would wear a heavier helmet, or set my strategy to defend head. At the moment it is not that annoying for me. Maybe at Primus and Blood Goods level. I guess when you get chain K.O-d one day it is frustrating and it can cause confirmation bias that this skill is too overpowered. On the other side, how many matches do these K.O. theathrics win with the skill (match that they would not have won)? I think it is not as reliable as one might think.
    I have returned once more and it seems I'm here to stay.

Ogornomus - master of Iron Aegis

Active Gladiators: Shiroyama, Iron Daimyo, Rom Ironhide, Ludex Grunreer, Decapitare
    Retired: Sigwald, Haraxur Dervish, Davlan, Black Degron, Facles Secutor, Quickshank, Sindrel Myr, FacelessSecutor, Iron Enforcer, Blackiron Guard, Lionel Oldblood, Elaar Venguard, AceOfBlades, Crueligan, Cyrus Lupercal

For whatever reason, I've noticed it more these days too...perhaps it's time to pick it up again
    Adoede | Tevrosin

My ko blood gods glad has made 9 ko`s in her last 10 victories.
    Of the 7 fights I looked at that was theatric vs theatric 1 was won on reducing hp, rest was ko.
    thanks btw for bringing this topic back from the dead, so I once again can say I hate this skill and it should be taken out of the game.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

really you think itīs a good idea? i mean this is a skill which makes theatrics competitive against tanks and against 2handed rages. how often do i see one hit rampages? is this a reason to remove the skill from the game? another good example is hard to hit. sometimes only 1 of 10 attacks hits the target and is this the fault of the skill? no i must work on my strategy. sure luck is important, too. most of the game is math and luck nothing else.

There are several Theatrics builds which can handle Rages quite well without knockout. And tanks.

Rampage is not insta-win skill so this comparison is not very good. In fact it's pretty balanced despite the huge damage it deals, normally. I've seen fights when Rampage triggers successfully 3-4 times and the Rage still loses. I'm yet to see one fight where KO triggers and the Theatrics loses (except when he/she's on the receiving end).

If you get Called Shot you'll hit the desired spot most of the time, all KO Theatrics make that not-exactly-rocket-science combo.

Has the KO chance been increased?
    Hi Kreegan, nothing has changed in years regarding KO.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

not every build is good against other builds. yes the skill knockout is very strong and I know that it seems unfair when your enemy is losing and he turn the fight with one hit, but i think itīs to easy to remove a problem itīs hard to find a solution for. check the statistics theatrics gladiator are not as dominant as you try to make us all believe. in the BGīs rage gladiator are more successfully than the other gladiators. by the way itīs to early for this discussion because we donīt know how the new Shadow Specialty will change the balance.

Not sure since when you're playing PoW but until recently the speed Theatrics builds, usually Elaars, were the dominant type of gladiators in Blood Gods. They were on the top for... an year or so? The few 2H Rages who have a decent life during the last few months owe their success largely to the tanks who in turn keep other dangerous (for the Rages) builds outside of striking range. Such compositions are anything but new and hardly show how good one build is against the other possible builds - just how good it is at the given moment.

Shadows have nothing to do with knockouts. That skill is just a cheap substitute for strategy and an annoying safeguard that no matter how bad your fighter is in general, he or she will still win from time to time when the dice rolls right. At the very least, I think its trigger should be reduced to critical hits only.

@Nate, thanks for the answer.

We still dont know what variables influence KO, and to what degree. Increased KO rate may be because of better gear for stat stacking, or it may simply be coincidence and luck of the dice.

I still dont like KO as a skill, but it's been a part of the game for more than 2 years, so it's a known boogeyman that most of us have come to terms with.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Kreegan i just say there is more than one way to win a fight.

sorry i canīt tell you exactly how long i play this game because i forget it, but i remember the times last stand was a rage skill.