Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: k.o again :)

But the whole difference is in how these skills achieve their results, isn't it? In the last fight between Ahhnold and Venom Demon, Ahhnold dropped 3k Rampage with his first hit, reducing Venom Demon to some 15% health. And ultimately lost. Would that happen with KO?

Just to be clear, I had KO fighters in the past and I know very well that they don't score KOs in every fight, not even in every three fights. The problem with the skill is not in how often it triggers but what it does when it triggers. There is a imbalance between actual efficiency of the skill overall - which isn't anything exceptional and from that point of view the skill is OK - and the manner in which it helps you score wins - which just cancels the fight because of a "lucky" dice roll, leaving no chance for counter.

the example with my rage is not the best. Venom Demon won because the second strike from Ahhnold was blocked, with a ability which depends on luck.

the 3k rampage could be enough to end the fight, if the enforcer decides so. a decision which depends also on luck.

but now that you mention it the rampage from ahhnold should deal 3010 damage, but venom demon lose only 3009 health.

The crowd jumps up to their feet at the site of the gladiators entering the arena!
    R O U N D 1
    >> AHHNOLD SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    >> VENOM DEMON SWITCHES TO STRATEGY 1
    AHHNOLD closes on VENOM DEMON and tries to chop his adversary.
    AHHNOLD launches a daemonic attack with reckless abandon! (-Rampage-)
    AHHNOLD lands a strike on VENOM DEMON's ribs creating magnificent injuries! (+3010 Damage)

Resisted Can Not Defend Effect!
    VENOM DEMON appears very concerned with his physical state!!!
    AHHNOLD looks at the crowd as he flashes around the battle field.
    AHHNOLD nearly hits himself as he strikes.
    Insanity fills AHHNOLD's gaze! (-Adrenaline Rush-)
    AHHNOLD's weapon astonishingly bounces off the very air in front of VENOM DEMON! (-Block-)
    VENOM DEMON's armour protects him!
    VENOM DEMON hurtles right at his enemy.
    VENOM DEMON overtakes AHHNOLD and looks to carve into him.
    VENOM DEMON
    AHHNOLD
    474/3483
    474/3483
    925/3491
    925/3491
    211/222
    211/222
    236/251
    236/251

VENOM DEMON aims for AHHNOLD's weapon arm.
    VENOM DEMON launches a daemonic attack with reckless abandon! (-Rampage-)
    Herculean slash to AHHNOLD's arm leaves it limp and mangled! (+2567 Damage)

AHHNOLD curses as the attack knocks his weapon to the ground!
    AHHNOLD has seen better days!!
    AHHNOLD quickly looks about and picks up a KRIS from off the ground!
    VENOM DEMON darts madly to and fro.
    VENOM DEMON's ANCIENT FLAMBERGE OF THE BLOOD GODS hurls toward AHHNOLD.
    A mad frenzy engulfs VENOM DEMON as he rushes toward his victim! (-Adrenaline Rush-)
    Cruel strike to the side removes most of AHHNOLD's liver...don't worry, it'll grow back! (+875 Damage)

AHHNOLD drops his weapon as the pain from the hit streaks through his body!
    AHHNOLD appears very concerned with his physical state!!!
    AHHNOLD falls to the ground with tears in his eyes and begs the mighty VENOM DEMON to spare his impotent life!
    The Enforcer gives the thumbs up!
    The fight lasted 5 seconds!

i donīt know why this happens, maybe someone know why this is so.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
    i donīt know why this happens, maybe someone know why this is so.
    Indeed, a first shot 3000+ Rampage is usually enough to drop a high percentage of glads.

I believe the difference in hit points issued and received 3010/3009 is because parts of the game is based on fractions of points, so once in a while numbers get rounded down or up. I believe Nate mentioned this in the past about a similar case if i remember correctly and my mind has not completely gone mush in my old age.
    Immortalized Stable of
    TEAM KAOS

The point is - Rampage triggers, the fight doesn't end because Venom Demon refuses to give up, then Block triggers, then Venom Demon strikes back and wins. So even when a fighter suffers monstrous hits right from the start, he/she can still emerge victorious. KO doesn't give you any chances if it triggers.

yes knockout ends a fight instantly, but a good placed rampage do often so, too. i agree knockout is the fastest way to end a fight, but itīs also very rare. but if you canīt knockout your enemy, you fought a match without one skill. knockout is a strong skill which increase your chance to win a fight instantly and it can only happen once in a fight. the ability to turn the fight fast and drastic is the way theatrics gladiator fight.
    other skills like rampage are not created to win a fight instantly. this skill is created to beat your enemy down to 0. the result of the skill is not as drastic as k.o. , but you see this skill more often.

i thought about k.o. and i believe there is a way to prevent a knockout, but it is only a theory.

we know the skill surprise ending give you abilities from your enemy for one hit, like armor penetration. armor penetration and k.o. have the same conditions to trigger. the probabilities are not the same, but in both cases it depends on percentage.
    i believe you can prevent a k.o. with surprise ending and k.o. your enemy instead. i know it is hard to prove and this is only useful for theatrics gladiator and you need a lot of luck, but it would be a way to prevent k.o..

Arkal has knocked out multiple opponents with Surprise Ending so this works. Then again, he doesn't have problems with KOs because he usually ends the fight against such opponents in 4-5 swings, rarely giving them chance to strike more than 1-2 times. The situation with my slow gladiators is completely different - give the Theatrics several rounds and he'll almost certainly score a KO. Toros had Iron Jaw at 10 a few weeks ago and got knocked out in nearly every fight against opponents who have the skill and managed to stay on their feet for more than 4-5 rounds - and I specifically took that poor excuse for protection because the build as I see it is supposed to rely on longer fight. Frankly I'm content with KO staying in the game if Iron Jaw starts doing what it is supposed to do much better - at least there will be some real counter to it.

what do you expect when you donīt fight as defensive as it is possible. the problem of k.o. is not the skill, but the number of hits your enemy can land on you. the more hits the more chances to k.o. you, itīs easy. and if you want to increase the skill get more strength, stamina or size.

The defensive fighting is not the problem, I think some 30-40% deflections + frequent Create Distance + occasional parries is quite defensive. And I'm taking Iron Jaw to prevent KOs on successful hits to the head, why would I need it otherwise? Would you take a medicine for something to which you have natural immunity?