Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am not sure why but today. after this update , on the same computer I always play on, I cannot access the site. I am getting the browser not supported message. I use IE and I just checked it is fully updated to the latest version.

The PoW community has always been one of the best and polite in online gaming in my opinion and as always I thank you for your feedback. Conquests is in Beta and when something is in Beta it means it is in flux with things changing, things being added or things being removed, etc. It is a time to try different ideas and test them. Some of you won't like the changes, some of you will and some will be indifferent. This is ok and expected. With the new change in conquests players have the opportunity to expand and experiment with different team combinations. There are a lot of great gladiators in the arena and I encourage you to explore the many combinations. However, if you have your heart set on a particular team for every run there has always been and still is an option to manually reset the cooldown list if you like. I do apologize if you are unhappy with any of the changes and if you are the sort of player that doesn't like change very much I might recommend you abstain from Conquests until it is finished to lessen the amount of changes you'll experience since while in Beta many changes will happen. Please feel free to send me a PM with your feedback if you like anyway as I read and consider all of them. Thank you for your understanding and patience as Beta is developed further, I appreciate it.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Quote Originally Posted by bruner29 View Post
    I am not sure why but today. after this update , on the same computer I always play on, I cannot access the site. I am getting the browser not supported message. I use IE and I just checked it is fully updated to the latest version.
    That's strange. What version are you using? Are you using IE11? What operating system and version are you using?

I thought it was strange to. Here is what I'm using

You're using Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7

Logged on to my laptop, same result.

Quote Originally Posted by bruner29 View Post
    I thought it was strange to. Here is what I'm using

You're using Internet Explorer 11 for Windows 7

Logged on to my laptop, same result.
    Please try it again now and let me know if it works.

Training Dummy

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
    Awesome stuff Nate but I do wonder, why the training points cap of 20?

I am happy this is finally in place and I can see how it should be capped now that the removal of unused training points has been removed but 20 is abit to low and I believe it would be best to heighten this to 40-50 points.

The reason for this being that if you have the training points membership the 20 tavern runs alone give you 20 points. Include the arena token membership and that makes another 16 points + another 2 per lvl up your gladiator receives. This means your gladiator gets 36 points per day + lvling and arena challenge fights.

I know that this just means that you should go train your skills after you do your tavern runs but I can easilly see it happen that I or another player forgets this and end up wasting alot of points by running our arena fights before checking up on the skilltree.
    20 is a terrible cap for traing points. Since I often use the auto tavern option..i get 20 points in one shot..if by chance i level up during one of those tavern fights then i end up with 24 or whatever it is. Making the cap 30 or so would keep those of us who WANT to spend shield to speed up tavern fights on the days I dont have lots of time to do so without being penalized for spending real money.

Fresh Meat
    i dont understand why put a cap on training pts? usually i do my arena fights and then my tavern i usually get around 35 pts when i do that today i did the same think only got 20 pts... i lost like 15 pts on each character...

I think it would make more sense and be more in line with the new update that you reset the ally cooldown for your stable, not just gladiator, as the ally cooldown is now tied to the whole stable.

Nate I think you forgot something when you increased the training point cap to 40.
    My glad Lesser Evil on the MOTU team just spent 8 fight tokens and 20 tavern runs, and ended up with 20/40 training points when it shouldve been 36/40.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Nate, I've come to really appreciate your responsiveness to this community and your commitment to constantly improving the experience for the users. Thanks for switching the training point limit to 40 (though I would have preferred 50 since additional fight tokens found or won can easily push one beyond the 40 per day).

As for the conquests changes, I think expanding the pool of potential glads to team with is brilliant since that was a legitimate problem for people who didn't have well-developed friends/allies lists.

But the new cool-down change will certainly make things more difficult at the "Nightmare" level. I've tried nearly a hundred different team iterations over the last months and honestly, there are probably less than a dozen glads in blood gods that are "elite" enough to help get my team consistently through a nightmare run (And there are some builds that simply "don't work" in the conquests game very well at all). You'd need at least four of those "elite" glads on your team to stand a reasonable chance. Of those, a handful are "unique" - like Ahhnold (a rage with 3000+ hp and 170+ stamina for those multi-round conquest battles).

It is, of course, your prerogative to change things as you see fit. Just expressing that the reality is it's only worth doing a Nightmare run if you have the right team...otherwise you'll likely not succeed and end up wasting your time. My suspicion is that this may result in managers getting frustrated with the minimal results for the investment of time and start being less involved in conquests...which I assume isn't the result you want. Even with an optimized team, typically only 5 of the 8 teams I'd run would finish a nightmare run. And then out of those 5, I'd usually find one or two orange pieces. And I'd almost always sell those pieces as they rarely matched my build strategy. That's why I started doing conquest runs less lately - the time cost for the return wasn't as compelling as before. And now with these new cool-down changes...

Just my thoughts...
    Last edited by Adoede; 04-12-2014 at 10:42 AM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin