Stables listing and "real" managers

I sent (PM'd) the following suggestion to Nate. Figured I may as well post it here and see what comments and/or additions could be made by the veteran-base since I'm still feeling my way through the game and perhaps am off-base - but, dang-it, I want it!

------------------------------

This is just some quick and rough thoughts on something I think would make the game more immersive for folks and more RPGish all in all. The game is great as it is, but thinking you could draw in more types of people by expanding it in this fashion allowing for a new aspect to running a team. Would help give people more of a creative vent maybe? Just think something along these lines would add a lot and a whole new facet to POW. Of course, I'm a complete noob so maybe something like this has already been discusses and canned. I dunno. Just had an idea and figured it couldn't hurt to throw it your way. (Not polished or anything just jotting down idea before I forget it!)

1) Create a viewable Team (Stables) page.
    > Allow for input of team "bio" - a back-story.
    > Allow loading of team logo image.
    > Show manager name which links to idea (2)
    > On team page list the current gladiators comprising the team.
    - Allow for individual gladiator biographies/stories.
    > Have a "Stable Gladiator History" link which allows for a showing an archive of retired gladiators, their bios, records and major accomplishments.
    > Show allies (friends).
    - Maybe have an additional "foes" type category as well.
    > Enable an alphabetical hyper-linked list view of stables in game so people can view the stable page.

2) "Active" owner/manager
    > Allow team to have a named Owner/manager.
    > Manager is a new component of stable with own profile/bio and abilities. (Note: abilities would not affect actual combat in arena just other types of "bonuses")
    > Bonuses - these would be manager "skills" that could be build up using a system like the gladiator skill system
    - Bonus skill ideas (0-10):
    * Financial Wizard: Increases gold winnings by .XX% per level
    * Eye for Equipment: Slightly increase odds of getting better equipment pieces for gladiators
    * Physicians Assistant: Slightly improve the stable doctor ability odds
    * Retired Adventurer: Slightly boost gladiator odds in conquest missions
    * Amateur Bookie: Slightly improve Black Market gauntlet chances
    * Horse Trader: Better eye for talent slightly increases slave market chances
    * God Fearing: Slightly decreases costs of Temple use
    * Haggler: Slightly reduce repair costs
    * Purchasing Agent: Slightly decrease equipment cost
    * Selling Agent: Slightly increase selling price
    * Innkeeper: Slightly improves some aspect of tavern work (something like slightly better pay or xp for contract work.)
    * Fitness Guru: Very slightly increase energy refresh rate
    * Saboteur: Ability to scout 1 glad per day for free.
    > Finite number of available upgrades to manager skills. Something on the order of only being able to use 30 pts total (just throwing the number out there as example) allowing for differentiation between managers across stables and so no one can max out everything or even close. They have to choose carefully. Maybe after some allotted time skills could be untrained.
    > Manager receives "skill" points through stable accomplishments or something. Not sure on mechanic for it - better to allocate all points at start or slowly gain them through stable/gladiator feats in arena?
    > Other things?

-------------------------

Thoughts/additions/ideas/slams?

All welcome.
    Last edited by Black Peter; 04-09-2014 at 06:25 PM.

I like the way you think.

I think the idea of personalizing your stable and adding a back-story for the stable and the glads is a great idea. And the option to upload your own pictures for them would be nice too, eh.

As for the manager bonuses: I'd suggest simplifying this and adjusting it a bit more for the veteran game (nearly all of these boosts are meaningless at the blood gods level). The only one I'd be interested in is the "horse trader" one for improving slave market glad quality (though I'd rename it "Eye For Talent").

IF you were to venture into the idea of bonuses that affect combat, I'd suggest having the manager training be linked to gaining more achievement slots that you can unlock with gold instead of trophies.
    Last edited by Adoede; 04-09-2014 at 08:45 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin