Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Haha Apoc, your suggestion for Urk is hilarious - and quite true I suppose

As for the waiving of requirements for minimum fights and w/l, I can confirm that this is, sadly, not true. I've had glads get into Blood gods at ~650 total fights and they still had to grind to 1000 before they could retire. And while the required w/l ratio declines gradually over time, I think that's true of every glad.

I'll add comments for your suggestions in a bit.

oh, and thanks for adding this to the player guides sticky Happy to make a contribution to helping more new managers find success and stick around.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Good stuff Adoede, nicely written. One thing to note on favorable/unfavorable matchups is that they will shift somewhat depending on relative gear levels so new players may find that they hit a wall against a build they were previously beating consistently.

@Apoc "durdling" is the best new word I've heard in a long time xD

durdle is an awesome word

For BG's, my bad about 1000 fight waiver. It lets you ignore the w/l requirement though right? I'm 99% sure it lets you waive that requirement... <looks uncertain>
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Thanks SOTC. Now if only you'd write one up for the Advanced level of the game

@Apoc - You must be incredibly lucky because that 1% chance that win/loss does still count in Blood gods towards retirement is actually still the case. True, the more fights your glad has, the lower the required w/l ratio becomes...so most of my old glads only need a 33% w/l ratio to retire. But my relatively newer Blood gods member still needs 45% to retire. Don't know if that is also the case in Primus...
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Hmmm, It must have been a brief thing Nate introduced then when people started having problems. Oh well
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

All I gotta comment is: Durdle is real word?!
    Whoa, PoW is educational as well, I learnt a new word!

Very nice guide! Was a good read.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Defensive theatrics are actually good against speed rages.

The guide was really enjoyable to read. Need to be sticky.

Thanks Cynaidh and Pit Lord. I'll adjust the notes for defensive theatrics since you have much more experience with them than I do.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

I'm loving the little edits

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    Humans, Snivlers and Urks do still have their uses though...case in point, Apoc points out that the endurance boost Urks enjoy allows them to be awesome at the lower levels while other low-level glads are still "durdling" about Worth a try if you want to do something outside the box.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    If you plan to keep a glad long-term, it is very important that you buy your first stat train in each attribute with trophies. Yes, it will cost you 48 trophies to do this (8 trophies per stat), but this will allow you to train each stat to +10 above your original values. If you don't do this, you will only be able to train each stat to +9. Many a veteran manager has gone on a lawn ornament annihilation rampage upon discovering this detail juuuust a bit too late. (Thanks Oedi for the tip)
    AHHNOLD SMASH PUNY ORNAMENTS!!!!