Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Worrying about 1 point in an attribute is like worrying about a spilled drop of water from a swimming pool. You won't notice it. Whether or not you skip the bug you get the achievement for maxing out the attribute which gives +10 to it. 1 point means almost nothing. I would not call it very important by any stretch. If anyone can tell the difference between 109 and 110 in an attribute that would be very amazing.
    Last edited by Dainoji; 04-01-2014 at 07:42 AM.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Worrying about 1 point in an attribute is like worrying about a spilled drop of water from a swimming pool. You won't notice it. Whether or not you skip the bug you get the achievement for maxing out the attribute which gives +10 to it. 1 point means almost nothing. I would not call it very important by any stretch. If anyone can tell the difference between 109 and 110 in an attribute that would be very amazing.
    If you look at 1 single point you are of course right, it wont do much, but those that boost all 6 stats get 6 points more than those that dont. Then it starts to look a lot like an achievment slot. Anyway to get an edge over the rest of the field you need to collect all the little things you can.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Dainoji View Post
    Indeed.
    And isn't it technically bug using? There's nothing about using bugs in general in the tos though.

A very well-written informative guide nonetheless.

And isn't it technically bug using? There's nothing about using bugs in general in the tos though.
    Actually there is.

Section 6: xix) engage in cheating or any other activity deemed by Outcast Games to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of the Service.

In this case the Great Realm secret police aren't going to be knocking on any doors. It is a known bug with a very low priority because it has very little impact if any on the overall performance of a gladiator and it will eventually be fixed. Personally, I wouldn't include it in a guide but it's not my guide.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Good to see you trolling around here, Nate.

I'll edit the section a bit.
    Last edited by Adoede; 04-02-2014 at 07:19 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

I bought a non-HOL gladiator for about 900 and he has an 81 endurance... is that odd?

Quote Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
    I bought a non-HOL gladiator for about 900 and he has an 81 endurance... is that odd?
    900 is too low. Get 950+ (960+ if you ask me). Nice asking same question everywhere and with incomplete information (full stats and gold price)

Hey Fleet,

Agree with Pit Lord - 900 isn't great. Anything over 950 should suffice so long as their offensive stats are decent. 81 stamina is good, but I've seen the exceedingly rare non-hol's get up to 92 in one attribute (and be terrible in everything else). The pre-HOL stage of the game is much more about experimenting and learning the ropes of the game. I wouldn't sweat it too much trying to find the best prospect. In fact, best all-around with good offensive stats is just fine.
    Adoede | Tevrosin