Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Kudos for taking the time to write up a guide. Having done 3 of these myself, I know how god damn grueling it is to get things to read properly and include all the relevant info. I've added it to the player guide compendium I'm also sending Nate a PM to sticky this thread.

Bit of feedback for the guide:

Activity/bloodlust:
    I've always recommended the following breakdown:
    Lvl 1-10: 3/3 (this is now the default a gladiator starts)
    Lvl 10-20: 4/4 (or 3/3 zerk)
    lvl 20-30: 6/6 (or 4/4 zerk)

after that, managers should have a feel of what's good/appropriate

Skill Trains:
    While I'm an advocate for 10/10 when training, a good rule of thumb for impatient managers ( ) is stopping when things get to 8/10 (minimum), get another skill to 8/10, and then revisit the first skill to 10/10. (edit, I see kreegan said similar, but I really think that weapon skill 10/10 before starting a 3rd skill is a must)

2H weapons:
    I am yet to see any real difference between speed 1 and speed 1.1 weapons, beyond 1 extra swing every 3-4 rounds. In short, it doesnt really matter. Just keep in mind that 2H swords use slash, while all other 2H weapons use Bash.

Races:
    While Elaar is awesome in bloodgods, it's health penalty is a real problem for new glads, especially for new managers. If they want to go the distance with a HoL glad, Elaar is fine. For a new glad that is being used purely to grind towards retiring for a HoL glad, Urk is pretty damn awesome. Urk's endurance is amazing at early levels when everyone is durdling around with bad weapon skill.

Stable Upgrades:
    Dont forget to mention Barracks upgrades More glads = more gold, and more stuff to do recycling gear to new glads is also great to save gold.

Blood Gods:
    IIRC one benefit of getting into blood gods is that it waives the minimum fight or w/l requirement (I swear I saw that somewhere...)
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 03-30-2014 at 07:29 AM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!