I love the little things....! :P

So I recently inducted a second gladiator after consulting with the forum on what to make of him/her.

I'm baffled he's doing so well..

Vanilla Stats: 84/63/82/69/65/68/57
    Level: 6
    Gladiator: Theatrical Snivler

I just took Karvech into the pits, and in my first week of playing PoW, he's sitting pretty at #2 with a record of 49-6-0..

I know there are still 18+ hours left before the pit resets, and I may not even be in the top 10 afterwards..

This may be insignificant to most..

That being said, this is a nice achievement for me, and reassures me about my slave pick :P

Now if I could just have my cake and eat it too...
    Last edited by Grimm357; 03-14-2014 at 08:08 AM.

The first thing you'll notice is that his stats are way better than your starting gladiator. that it one of the big reasons why they're doing better

Also, good to see another MTG player on here
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I can't figure out what indicated I played MTG... If Karvech is a card title, I didn't know xD

Been thinking of rekindling that old flame now that I took up a new job.. Well Met!

oh, well my bad :P

Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

expensive to play, but great card ! I miss my old MTG time !
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

That card is new MTG to me... last time I played I ran a Jund Aggro/Devour deck, Bloodbraid Elves, Sprouting Thrinax and the such...

No more MTG speak, it's too unbearable to be nostalgic...

Lmao

Update on Karvech if anyone is interested:

Level: 14
    Record: 39-8-3
    Stats: 87/67/84/71/65/73/62 (Gear bonuses included)

I just spent my whole sum of 105k on a Purple chest piece..

36 Armor, +2 Str, +2 Agil, +3 Pres, +2 Def

Seemed like a great first Epic for Karvech,

Stable Record of 101-37-5. I'm impressed with my success rate so far, but I am still anticipating that brick wall which I will inevitably run into...

Can anyone suggest what I should have my 3 Strategies set to? I've played with them a bit but I find myself not paying attention to detail in order to fine-tune them. I'm using dual Exotics and have been favoring lunge. Going for speed/initiative/blahblah.

Here's what I am about to test-play:

1) 6/Lunge/Torso/Torso/6
    2) 4/Counter/Head/Torso/4 (Moderately Tired)
    3) 6/Lunge/Torso/Torso/6 (Very Injured)
    Last edited by Grimm357; 03-16-2014 at 01:24 PM.

Can anyone suggest what I should have my 3 Strategies set to? I've played with them a bit but I find myself not paying attention to detail in order to fine-tune them. I'm using dual Exotics and have been favoring lunge. Going for speed/initiative/blahblah.

Here's what I am about to test-play:

1) 6/Lunge/Torso/Torso/6
    2) 4/Counter/Head/Torso/4 (Moderately Tired)
    3) 6/Lunge/Torso/Torso/6 (Very Injured)
    Many players consider the strategy element of the game to be their "secret sauce" so you may not get a lot of direct help with it. I think we have a few softies here on the forums though that will offer assistance if you ask again nicely. An important omission that I see in your question though is you don't include the trigger you are using for each row. Triggers are very important and really define what the rest of the strategy row will entail.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Hehe. You're slippin' Nate. Maybe you just need a nap. He has the trigger listed even in your response quote.

1) 6/Lunge/Torso/Torso/6
    2) 4/Counter/Head/Torso/4 (Moderately Tired) <---
    3) 6/Lunge/Torso/Torso/6 (Very Injured)<---

I'm not an old vet to the game but I did try much the same strats as you have listed here early on. I found them to be unhelpful myself. The Moderately Tired bit is even counterproductive imo. If my glad is getting worn out I've found it better to leave them on the starting strat. I lost a lot of fights early using it. And my win % went up after I stopped using it. You may be able to finish the enemy if you keep pounding away at them. But if you lower your activity half way through the fight then you're doing less dmg and giving the enemy more time to take you out.
    Last edited by JerimyA5; 03-30-2014 at 08:46 PM.
    ....... /\/ orth Point
    ....../,,,,\,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Gladiatorial Academies
    ..../,,,,,,,,\
    ../S o u t h\ Point

Hehe. You're slippin' Nate. Maybe you just need a nap. He has the trigger listed even in your response quote.
    well, would you look at that. Indeed you are correct and I am blind!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-