Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I'm not sure that's the case. I've observed that my war and power rage get up much more consistently (str) and now my theatrics (agil) tends to stay down if he get's knocked down. I have also observed power rages getting up much more consistently on the opposing end of a knockdown.

OK, from the last several fights today when a knockdown happened, my Strength fighters either stayed on the ground for many rounds or jumped back up right after they got knocked down. No middle ground. Could be just bad luck on my part (or good) so I guess I'll give it some longer observation before drawing conclusions...

Just revisiting this to give Nate some direct feedback.

I'm really liking the changes

Agility based weapons dont feel like they are the total be all and end all anymore, which is nice.

Defensive war is now strong (really strong) but I dont feel like it is OP, as the metagame still needs to adjust to having such a radically different strategy now being competitive.

2H war feels a bit better, but I've retired Willis, so I havent got much more testing in. With the right gear it should be really competitive

2H rage feels miles better and Ahhnold is loving it. Fights feel close for the most part now, which is great. The disparity in swing rate also is much lower now too, which feels good and the 2H rager is getting more swings in during a fight. I have noticed that damage has gone down somewhat (maybe I'm imagining it) but like I said, it feels good now. There is still the odd fight where the 2H rage swings twice and the fight is over, and other fights where the 2H swings once and then dies to a flurry of swings, but they are the minority now.

As for standing back up when prone, I've not paid much attention to that, so I cant comment.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Knockdowns are slightly - just slightly - less problematic after the change but if your fighter is sent to the ground early in the fight, he almost certainly loses, just like before. Crawling for 10+ rounds is still something very common for Strength gladiators, although a minor improvement can be felt. I hoped for more to be honest and I still think that some universal knockdown resistance should be introduced.

The rest of the changes are quite nice and bring extra spice to the game. I like how gladiators with long but slow weapons are not just punch bags for super-fast fighters any more but in general the weapons seem to be balanced. And yeah, the buff on the Wars is quite welcome.
    Last edited by Kreegan; 03-28-2014 at 09:59 PM.

OK, a few weeks later I can certainly say that the knockdowns haven't lost almost any power and are as imbalanced as ever. The issue is both with the multiple rounds spent on the ground after you get hit - even after the changes, although not as severely as before - and with the ridiculous frequency of the knockdown criticals which are spammed by all gladiators with skills in the Rage tree like no tomorrow. Round 1 knockdowns are a certain loss against everyone who's not a total wimp, early knockdowns from Rages can't be dealt with in any way except some godlike luck and even mid-battle knockdowns can turn the fight upside-down easily. Add several gladiators with Barrelling Attack (always succeeds at level 10, unlike the impotent War Cry) and Sweep and you may see your fighter crawling and getting a beating a dozen of battles in a row and you can't do anything about it. Really, it's not fun.