Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs up New Update 3/7/2014: Balancing Pass

Greetings Pit Masters!

A new balancing pass went live today. For the most part the changes are minor but required to balance things out a little and help some of the ailing builds. Please see below for more details:

• A new weapon length mechanic has been put in place whereby shorter weapons vs longer weapons matchups yields less attacks for the shorter weapon due to this fact that it is harder to get within striking distance as the gladiator with the longer weapon will actively be trying to keep their opponent at bay. This will mainly be noticeable in 2H/Pole Arm vs non-2H/Pole Arm matchups but could show up in something like bastard sword vs gladius but it wouldn't be as pronounced.

• Increased the role strength plays in the check to stand up from the ground after being knocked down.

• Slightly increased the effectiveness of heavy armour.

• Small increase in the effectiveness of shields.

• Minor reduction in the amount of bleeding defensive oriented gladiators receive.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Increased the role strength plays in the check to stand up from the ground after being knocked down.
    Guess i still need more strength....

THE BEHEMOTH screams as he gets knocked to the ground by the massive shot!
    R O U N D 20
    THE BEHEMOTH can't find an opening to stand!

R O U N D 46
    THE BEHEMOTH yells in frustration as he looks for an opening to stand!

26 rounds of trying to get up... nineteen of them with a 7 activity trying to stand.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Same here, knockdowns still keep my tin cans on the ground for many rounds. Can't see any difference really.

My war gets up much faster. Though he is in much lighter armor. Its nice to not roll around in the dirt for the whole fight while having 20% encumbrance for once.

I've barely ever really had much difficulty with knockdowns made against me exept on some rare occasions my glads tend to get up in 1-3 rounds at most. Than again I like my dunder speciality so that might be the reason
    Last edited by Prinny; 03-08-2014 at 04:35 AM.

Yes, Prinny, we all know that the Dunders don't have the knockdown problems of the other races. For non-Dunders the situation looks like this:

R O U N D 3
    TY REX seeks to slash his enemy.
    TY REX tries to knock STEEL CURTAIN down with the force of the blow! (-Barreling Attack-)
    STEEL CURTAIN screams as he gets knocked to the ground by the massive shot!

R O U N D 11
    STEEL CURTAIN yells in frustration as he looks for an opening to stand!

Round 11 is the last one, he would have probably spent even more on the ground but 8 rounds of crawling were more than enough to lose. That's with 29% encumbrance and 9 activity...

The point of the knockdown is that it is a threat for gladiators who have not taken measures to prevent it or get up quick (ignored it).

So apart from picking Dunder as a race, what are the other measures? To save you some time, Armour Movement and Light as a Feather are certainly not among those that qualify, nor does high Activity.

You still can't deny the fact some had found these measures. Probably you have to ask them not me .

Sure I can. The only gladiators which get back up quickly consistently (and are not Dunders) are those that spam Agility, I thought that the last update was supposed to give the Strength guys some better chances but apparently that's not the case. Or maybe something was not implemented properly.