Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Balancing Pass

hopefully Nate has been careful with the increase/decrease numbers
    I mostly just ask strangers to pick a number between X and Y and run with that. It's worked pretty well so far!

Tanks will be super strong after the next update, I think.
    Or as the players who run tanks would probably say "Tanks might finally be tanks"

Defensive builds have always been an interesting challenge to balance in a game meant to simulate gladiatorial combat. As mentioned earlier, everyone should expect some speed/bleed builds to have a tougher time vs some types of builds and 2H and pole arm builds will fair better across the board. Balancing is an ongoing task and adjustments will be made when the data suggests it should. I have no doubt there will be cries of pain from some and sounds of joy from others.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate, will weapon lengths now be a stat or will we kinda judge it from the art?

Also, will the reduced attacks for shorter weapons vs longer weapons be based solely on weapon type matchups or will they take into account the class/activity/etc of the glad holding the weapon? For example a rage with 2 hammers would attack 5x and a war with 2 hammers would attack 2-3x. Hopefully the decrease in attacks would scale appropriately (a passive create distance-like effect is pretty powerful).
    Last edited by Sotc; 02-25-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Training Dummy
    I would think it would be done with 3 or 4 classes of length. 2h/polearms, large one handers bastard sword, flails, trident etc, medium size one handers mace ace, warhammer maybe, then short one handers short sword, dagger, claws. Then the amount of adjustment would be made based on the number of classes different. Just my opinion. I am happy to see the changes, though I still like the idea of making agi weapons a combo of str/agi for damage to make str more relevant for everyone just like agi is

Nate, will weapon lengths now be a stat or will we kinda judge it from the art?
    Haven't decided yet, however, using the art and weapon type should give players a good idea.

Also, will the reduced attacks for shorter weapons vs longer weapons be based solely on weapon type matchups or will they take into account the class/activity/etc of the glad holding the weapon? For example a rage with 2 hammers would attack 5x and a war with 2 hammers would attack 2-3x. Hopefully the decrease in attacks would scale appropriately (a passive create distance-like effect is pretty powerful).
    Nothing in the pits is controlled by one knob.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate, if you get a chance to speak with some of the helpful strangers, can you discuss a possibility to introduce some sort of knockdown resistence? Strength stacking helping you get up faster is nice of course but it will address only half of the problem, the other half being that knockdowns are incredibly frequent and even 1-2 rounds spent on the ground are usually enough to lose vs. speed builds. All other criticals have a chance to be resisted, why not this one (Dunders excluded)?

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    Nate, if you get a chance to speak with some of the helpful strangers, can you discuss a possibility to introduce some sort of knockdown resistence? Strength stacking helping you get up faster is nice of course but it will address only half of the problem, the other half being that knockdowns are incredibly frequent and even 1-2 rounds spent on the ground are usually enough to lose vs. speed builds. All other criticals have a chance to be resisted, why not this one (Dunders excluded)?
    It's your lucky day! Such a thing already exists! If a Master would like a build to have knockdown resistance simply choose Dunder to be the race of the gladiator. How's that for customer service? A feature you wanted was added before you even asked for it!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

There's also a race with improved Stun resistence and general Stun resistence for all other races + a skill that further improves the Stun resistence (yo dawg, we heard you like to resist so we gave you resistence so you can resist while you resist). Plus, you removed the two rounds Stun a while ago (which was the right thing to do). Something tells me that sooner or later knockdown will be properly balanced too but I guess I have to wait for that not so lucky day to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Kreegan View Post
    Plus, you removed the two rounds Stun a while ago
    Taken from this post: http://forum.pitofwar.com/showthread...ew-Skill-Trees!

- Rounds are a little shorter. This means endurance and bleeding can/will play a larger role in the fights. This also means 2 round stuns are staying as the shorter rounds makes stuns sting less.
    Last edited by Prinny; 03-02-2014 at 05:06 AM.

I haven't seen 2-round stun for many months. Have you?

Looks like this has been implemented. Nate, can you confirm?