Greetings Pit Masters!

We had a very lively debate on the forums recently and as a result I decided to push up the priority of some balancing issues that have been on the todo list for awhile. Balancing passes are done using data and not casual observations and thus may or may not be focused on areas you believed to be out of balance. With the exception of a few builds most are less than +/- 4% of the average which is a pretty amazing accomplishment from a balancing perspective given the number of builds and plethora of options and combinations within each build. I took a look at the various builds from all brackets that were having a harder time in the arena and came up with some changes that hopefully will make them more competitive. Things to expect in the Pit given the following changes are defensive builds will fair better against some speed/bleed builds and 2H and pole arm builds will fair better across the board. As always I'll be recording fight result data and if a few knobs still need a little tweaking here and there it will be done to make everything as balanced as possible.

The below changes will go into effect early March:

* A new weapon length mechanic has been put in place whereby shorter weapons vs longer weapons matchups yields less attacks for the shorter weapon due to the fact that it is harder to get within striking distance as the gladiator with the longer weapon will actively be trying to keep their opponent at bay. This will mainly be noticeable in 2H/Pole Arm vs non-2H/Pole Arm matchups but could show up in something like bastard sword vs dagger type matchups but it wouldn't be as pronounced.

* increased the role strength plays in the check to stand up from the ground after being knocked down

* increased the effectiveness of heavy armour

* increased the effectiveness of shields

* decreased the amount of bleeding defensive oriented gladiators receive

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-