Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Balancing Pass

There seems to be some "work in progress". Yesterday many of the things mentioned in the (upcoming?) balance pass seems to have been released but today some of them seem to be revoked. For example, yesterday Steel Curtain used to get back on his feet after a knockdown in 1-2 rounds, today he rolls on the ground for the usual 5+ rounds after getting the cute critical. The bleeding damage vs. defensive gladiators is certainly reduced but the protection provided by the heavy armour seems to be flapping. My bet is that Nate is doing a live test.

it feels like bleeding is reduced a bit too much
    Last edited by Vertigo; 03-06-2014 at 10:39 AM.
    Vertigo: Sky Warp, Reflector

My bet is that the balancing pass hasn't been released yet in the slightest and that steel curtain was simply lucky~

I seriously doubt we would have 2 wars with 90% W/L ratio at the first 2 places of the Seasons if the Balance pass didn't happened !

In my opinion this rebalancing clearly advantage wars too much and the endgame was better balanced BEFORE it... But that's just my personal feedback....
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Those 2 wars you are speaking of did fairly well last season aswell Narol, I dunno about oedi's but Asatsuo had a rising winrate at the end of the season + he got a new (and better) orange torso now compared to his old purple one.

They have also yet to finish fighting a full round of all of their opponents + the teams are different now with some of the opponents Asatsuo had a hard time against being on the same team now.

Long story short: better armour, other teams, new season and need to make a few full rounds to eliminate the "my glad simply got lucky" factor from the winrate which I tend to set at after 2 weeks have passed.

1122 got 2 new orange items, using 4 more achievments and got auto heal and repair. Which he didnt use for the better part of last season. That can explain the very good start of this season. And until i stoped paying 1122 was ranked in the middle of top 10, and only dropped out after i forgot to repair and he fought several days in broken armor
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Asatsuo and 1122 are two great glads so it's not surprising to see them in Top 10 but 90% W/L is a lot...

If you add in the picture that Arrrrrghpirate falled to 75% and rank 9th , it's hard to pretend nothing changed in the landscape !
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

Again (sorry for being such an ass but hey, somebody has to do it) you can't tell anything going by the current winrates, they have far from stabilised.
    Glads have yet to fight all glads, this cycle has to occur at the least 3 times to even potentially "remove" the fact that a glad just got lucky in the fight.

Asatsuo got lucky in a fight against Ahhnold for example who threw his 2H sword away and grabbed a grey long sword (I think his muscles finally replaced his brains after verking owt so much). Who knows how that fight might end next time?

Arrrrghpirate got raped by 2H Belca which didn't really happen before and could've suffered from a ko or two aswell to add to the losses, should ask Sotc for verification on the losses

the major change in the landscape might be the new teams. But the only reason I still think nothing else has changed are that ive never seen a balance pass or other major change going live without Nate telling its now live.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Narol View Post
    Asatsuo and 1122 are two great glads so it's not surprising to see them in Top 10 but 90% W/L is a lot...

If you add in the picture that Arrrrrghpirate falled to 75% and rank 9th , it's hard to pretend nothing changed in the landscape !
    With the different teams this season, a big change in w/l isnt surprising. All the new managers are on 1 team (unfortunately) meaning more squishy opponents, plus youre not fighting your own glads and teammates who may have the counterbuild.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!