Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast
    I've got a good idea.

How about we stop all the talk about glads moving teams and just do this 1 thing for fairness:

Just have every team have the same difficulty fight queue. Then I don't mind just staying on team 5 and letting favor do it's thing because everyone will have the same level of competition and it will be fair.

So how about it, Nate? How about just having all the glads fight all the glads and be done with it there. That will make everything fair and everyone will be happy.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

When we got this option to be captain of a blood god team, I was very pleased, because this is something ive waited for a long time.
    1) I wanted a small team so i could fight as many other glads as possible, which was the reason for only inviting my RL friend Frede.
    2) ofcourse I wanted all my glads on the same team, i just hate fighting my own glads.
    3) i didnt want any other veteran manager on my team.
    In my eyes I made the perfect team, and is currently very happy with my situation, but since so many are unhappy Ive decided to invite Vertigo over to my team to shift some of the new BG glads in the rotation.

Any of you managers who would have been put in our shoes would do the same if all your glads were still young and developing.
    Weve all been there with young and developing glads, even the few of us thatve played since the beginning. Took me the better part of a year from the beginning until I had a glad that could compete with the best. The hill might be a little higer and steeper now, but basically its always been a long road to get to the top.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

That will make everything fair and everyone will be happy.
    I will not be happy about that.

Tip for success try to change things withing the framework, rather than try to change the framework itself.

Oedi, what exactly don't you like about having all teams have the same degree of difficulty of fight queue? I am trying my best to find a way to make this seasons fair for everyone within the framework we have. What would be your suggestion for making things fair?
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    I've got a good idea.

How about we stop all the talk about glads moving teams and just do this 1 thing for fairness:

Just have every team have the same difficulty fight queue. Then I don't mind just staying on team 5 and letting favor do it's thing because everyone will have the same level of competition and it will be fair.

So how about it, Nate? How about just having all the glads fight all the glads and be done with it there. That will make everything fair and everyone will be happy.
    Hi Adoede. Thanks for the suggestions. Nothing will be changing regarding the format for this season except whatever transfers may happen by Sunday.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

I'd like to transfer my 3 glads to any other team, please.
    Vertigo: Sky Warp, Reflector

Oedi, what exactly don't you like about having all teams have the same degree of difficulty of fight queue? I am trying my best to find a way to make this seasons fair for everyone within the framework we have. What would be your suggestion for making things fair?
    we can all agree upon that we want fairness and equal oppurtuneties, its when were gonna decide whats fair and equal the problems start.

Maybe its fair that Im happy about the way things are gonne be this season, after being angry and miserable for the last 4 seasons about how things was set up

I finally understand that this whole fuss about fairness is really about the fight queue.

It's not a big deal that all the low-ranked glads got put on the same team. What is a big deal and quite unfair is that this results in grossly unbalanced fight queues.

For argument's sake:
    Apoc's team has a relative degree of difficulty in their fight queue of 30/100.
    Prinny's team is relatively the same, say 35/100.
    Crow's team's degree of difficulty of fight queue is, say 45/100.
    Oedi's team's degree of difficulty of fight queue is 55/100.
    Adoede's team's degree of difficulty of fight queue is 75/100.

This is what makes the teams unfair - but fear not, it is easily remedied.

Two options:
    1) True Rank option: Have every glad fight every glad so everyone has the same fight queue and thus the same degree of difficulty. (Truly fair)
    2) Relatively True Rank option: Have every glad fight every glad except their own stablemates. (Not teammates...stablemates). I just put this out there since some people expressed they don't like fighting their own glads. Personally, I don't mind it because it allows you to see how your glads truly rank in blood gods versus all competition.

If this is put in place, I have no doubt that Nate's "favor" metric will take care of all the other balancing issues that might arise.

I would love to stay on team 5 and fight on fair terms against all the other teams. In fact, I far prefer that to switching teams. I'll proudly stand alone if I have to on team 5. All I ask is that the degree of difficulty of fight queues gets equalized so each team is fighting on fair terms.

If there are managers who don't like the idea of fair and equal fight queues for each team, please let us know what you would suggest instead. I believe my suggestion introduces the least amount of change while addressing the fundamental concern about fairness. I would gladly meet any other manager on the field of combat eye to eye. But if you need to insist on unfair competitive advantage, I say you're better than that. Meet me eye to eye and we'll shake hands in mutual respect regardless the outcome.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Crow, like Narol, I am fine with anyone joining our team if they wish to do so to make this season more enjoyable.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post

For argument's sake:
    Apoc's team has a relative degree of difficulty in their fight queue of 30/100.
    Prinny's team is relatively the same, say 35/100.
    Crow's team's degree of difficulty of fight queue is, say 45/100.
    Oedi's team's degree of difficulty of fight queue is 55/100.
    Adoede's team's degree of difficulty of fight queue is 75/100.
    I wonder how you got these numbers and what exactly they mean
    Last edited by Pit Lord; 03-07-2014 at 12:38 PM.