Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Apoca1ypse View Post
    Also, dont take things out on Nate too badly. This was an experiment, and Nate will fix things in 1 way or another. He always has and always will.
    That was my nice statement

I also believe Nate is trustworthy to fix things when he thinks there is a problem...but his response to our concerns left me feeling like he didn't think there was a problem...and that is a problem. I just wanted to make that clear. IF he realizes it is a problem I'm sure he will address it like he always does.
    Last edited by Adoede; 03-06-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

there will never be a perfect solution.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

I apologize to anyone that was offended by my humorous antidote, text is a terrible medium for conveying emotion. I find humor to be the best way to approach situations such as these as it helps many take a step back, laugh, and have a second look (not to mention creative writing is a great break from coding)! I think my style has been pretty consistent in that regard over the years and I fear my sense of humor is an incurable condition. I am not and never have been dismissive of player feedback, quite the opposite in fact as I'm sure many who have been around for some time will attest to. Nevertheless, please accept my apology.

For those of you new to Blood Gods the start of a new season generally fills the forums up with the same kind of posts as you have seen in this thread. Some people don't like it, some people do like it, most are fine and say nothing. Those who don't like it are very vocal and this is simply true of Humans regardless of the context. Suggestions are then made and if I make a post that even remotely smells like a change might happen the people who used to be happy are now not happy and become vocal and so on and so forth. This is par for the course and I'm neither bothered by it nor surprised and I'm certainly not angry or upset. I appreciate those of you who understand the situation and have faith that all will be well. Here at Great Realm Central I believe there is a great track record for that sort of thing.

If I don't seem to be concerned, you are correct, I'm not. And it isn't because I don't care or secretly wish frustration and ill-will on the player base! It is because I, unlike some EXPECTED the team records to be lopsided and everything is playing out exactly as I thought it would. It is the very reason I didn't allow it for the previous six seasons even though it was repeatedly asked for. Until something was in place to mitigate the issue, I simply didn't allow it. Why? Because I actually care about game balance and making sure everyone has a good time. This season something is in place and for the observant ones out there you will have noticed a new column called "Favor". There lies your great equalizer, but, you'll have to be patient to see it work.

Seasons is only a few days in and most gladiators are just now making their way back to the front of their round robin fight queue. For those out there familiar with statistics you know that a sample size of 1 is not something you want to hang your hat on. There is a lot of noise and until the sample size is larger the accuracy is low. For those who hate math, the phrase "jumping the gun" would be à propos. I sympathize with many of your concerns and I understand it is natural to react quickly to perceived transgressions and ask for immediate change. Please keep in mind that it takes time before any meaningful data can be collected and while simple observation can yield results it also is very fallible and more so the less time spent observing. We could certainly dismantle the teams and re-organize them, we could try and just move a few gladiators around and hope maybe that would work, or we can have faith and trust that mechanisms are in place. My vote is for the third option as I'd like to think over the past three years I've earned enough respect and trust to deserve a little faith!

Now, I'd like to talk about expectations because I think defining them and setting them realistically is important. A round robin tournament means 50% will have over a 50% record and 50% will have less. That's right, half the field will be "losers". When a new gladiator makes it into Blood Gods they have a hill to climb (a much smaller one now that the gauntlet and conquests are implemented) and finishing a season around 30% is great, finishing around 50% is amazing. This is a normal and realistic benchmark to compare your gladiator to. Looking at the top gladiators is great for inspiration but keep in mind those gladiators are owned by the best of the best in the game and have everything very tuned. One day your newbie Blood God will be there too, but probably not their first season. Also, keep in mind the team you are on will only move the needle so much in either direction, there are so many factors at play and that is only one. I encourage everyone to take advantage of the Gauntlet and Conquests (especially new gladiators and Primus gladiators) as the amount of gear one can get is many times greater than the few pieces BGP will buy you in an 8 week period.

Where to go from here? I leave it up to you and by "you" I mean everyone. If you are that unhappy with the team you are on and want to move to another one contact that captain and if he/she is willing to take your gladiators then we'll move them to that team. This is a one time thing as once the Season starts we're generally hands off until the next one. So, take some time, re-read this post (and my previous one, it really is funny and not poking fun at anyone in particular) and decide what you want to do. If you decide you'd like to make a move contact the captain and then have both the captain and you send me a PM indicating the transfer. Same rules apply, all gladiators owned by a player stay together. Please let me know no later than Sunday night. Cheers, and free drinks at the tavern for everyone tonight. Yay!

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Nate,
    I for one have known you long enough to know that was a very good attempt at humor to quell the emotions. Personally I laughed my ass off. Also i know that you have never implemented anything in this game with out a good thought out plan.

Everyone,
    So to those who are very frustrated or worried, please trust this fella knows what he is doing. For those of you taking a royal ass kicking so far this season, take notice that every other manager also has glads that are also. Except SOTC but he is the lone exception, and even his boys are not as dominant so far. Be patient and lets see how this looks in a month.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

Awesome response Nate. I also had a good chuckle at the creative writing

I'm not a statistician of a hardcore data analyst, but I agree that we need a larger sample range; ie more fights are needed to see how things finally rank up and even out. It will still be lopsided, but I really am curious to see how favor works/plays out to adjust that.

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    take notice that every other manager also has glads that are also. Except SOTC but he is the lone exception, and even his boys are not as dominant so far.
    QFE

Also, take note of how many fights teams have had. I know i have had my guys burn the candle from both ends and do a good 30 extra fights while I tested some stuff/try to stay at the pointy end.
    Last edited by Apoca1ypse; 03-06-2014 at 07:40 PM.
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Nate,

Thanks for listening and acknowledging our concerns. As I'd hoped and come to expect, you're quite responsive to this community.
    Last edited by Adoede; 03-07-2014 at 09:03 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

I would recommend redistributing team 5 to make the matchups more fair for the greener glads and seeing how favor plays out in evening out the ranking scores. BG team rules have changed from season to season from the start, so there's no point to panic until we have more information on how this system works re: favor.

I would recommend redistributing team 5
    We won't be redistributing team 5, however, anyone on any team who is not happy with their current team may ask another captain to transfer.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

some people do like it, and say nothing.
    im one of those.
    Suggestions are then made and if I make a post that even remotely smells like a change might happen the people who used to be happy are now not happy and become vocal and so on and so forth.
    but can easily become one of these

Im not gonna make a long post just state the fact that this is what Ive been waiting for in several seasons now. My vaneing interest for the game is gone and that Ive started playing the game activly again.
    (Briteron_by), Theatrics, imperial guards, (subjects), MOTU

Manager since December 2010.

team 5 is owning everything, not
    Vertigo: Sky Warp, Reflector