Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast
    Hey Pit Lord,

I made those numbers up just to exaggerate a point about the difference in difficulty of opponents each team has to face (since you don't fight people from your own team). Since team 5 doesn't fight team 5's "squishy" glads, they have a much higher average difficulty compared to the other teams. Hence the claim this is unfair.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    What say you, Crow? Shall I join your team?

Or Apoc, how about we put Nate's theory to the test that being on the top team won't make much of a difference in my winrate than staying on team 5?

No need to worry about fairness because "favor" will balance that between teams.

As incentive, I'll share my Luck spreadsheet and calculators with the team that picks me up.
    Don't know how many glads that will leave the 5th team, but I'll take Adoede's boys and Apoc can you take Vertigo's boys?
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoede View Post
    Hey Pit Lord,

I made those numbers up just to exaggerate a point about the difference in difficulty of opponents each team has to face (since you don't fight people from your own team). Since team 5 doesn't fight team 5's "squishy" glads, they have a much higher average difficulty compared to the other teams. Hence the claim this is unfair.
    You do realise your "squishy" glads have more oranges than most of my glads have carried throughout nearly all seasons and some even carry more than some of mine? Don't get me started on the "this season is unfair stuff" Gurren Lagann had been running for 3 full "fair" seasons and hadn't even been able to touch a rating above 1k hence he had 0 oranges, his winrate had gotten so low that it was not even possible for me to retire him for a long time untill the requirements got lowered yet again, he is finally retired now.

Seasons have been up and running for about a year now, I would like to believe that it is only right for some glads to actually walk around with more oranges albeit "unfair".

^ That is the clean version of what I originally wrote.

A slightly aggitated Prinny~

Holy shitballs! I'm away on holiday for three weeks with minimal internet and this is what I come back to? Jesus, where do I even start with this mess? I feel like I'm drowning in a sea of tears. Tears from laughing at Nate's story. Tears from all the crying in this thread. Tears from seeing private messages posted publicly. Who does that? They're called private messages for a reason!

Nate, as the manger at a large company I loved your little comedic story. I see it in practice all the time.

I'll take over as captain of Xaal-Zul. I look forward to leading this small rag tag band of underdogs and welcome the favor of the blood gods! We may be outnumbered. We may be outclassed. We may get slaughtered to the very last. But, we have our dignity!

Adoebe. It was cool to watch you make an effort at cracking the luck nut and I was impressed with how you handled criticism rationally and welcomed it. The formula makes too many assumptions and has too many unknown variables to be taken seriously but I commend you for trying. At first I thought to myself, here is a player that will add value to the community. Then you self destructed and lost any street cred you had gained and managed to go into the negative which is where you now live. At the bottom of a very deep hole dug with your own mouth and tears. I'm amazed at the restraint everyone has shown you. Reading this thread in one sitting without having lived it in real time paints a picture of managers gently offering you advice, and you continually ignoring it. Did it ever occur to you that maybe the people who have been playing the game for years might know what they are talking about? Did it ever occur to you that the man who made the game might know what he's talking about? Your hubris is only outdone by your disrespect.

You are a competitive player. That's awesome. Judging from your writing ability you are also intelligent. The fact that you are very active on the forums shows you are passionate about the game. All great qualities and welcomed here. Your constant desire to change everything to "correct" things you think are wrong in your opinion while annoying is also ok to a point since that is one of the purposes of the forums. You need to learn when enough is enough. For example, now is a great time to stop. Stop what you are doing to seasons. Stop sucking all the fun out of it. You are killing it. You are pissing on its barely moving corpse. Nate has already made concessions and gently said in so many words the conversation is over. But once again you march on crying out to anyone who will listen. You have single handedly created this so called drama as you put it and tried to drag everyone down with you. In so doing you have made yourself the #1 contender for most annoying actor. In the span of reading the last three weeks of posts you went from "cool new guy" to "dear God make him stop!"

You see yourself as a victim and you will no doubt doubly think that by the time you reach this sentence. Just stop. Please. If you continue down this path I promise you, you will ostracize yourself. It's not too late though. Many here including myself have had their less than flattering moments and everyone moved on. Think about it. Don't reply to me. Don't reply to this thread. Just think about it. You said your piece. Concessions were made. It's over. Done.

Personally I hope you take this to heart and act upon it. You have many qualities that will be an asset here but they are currently being overshadowed by your current behavior. This game and community are easily one of the best I've found on online. Nate and the players on this forum have been nothing short of amazing. Even the ones I consistently disagree with. They know who they are yet we all still have a good time and enjoy each others company, even when it gets a little heated. If you have suggestions place them in the appropriate forum. If it is a good idea I'm sure Nate will get to it when he can. Talking louder and longer won't change that. Best of luck to you this season.
    Stable: Pirate Booty
    Current Gladiators: Thunder Lips, Zippy Wunderbar
    Freed Gladiators: Chuck Norris

Good to meet you Dainoji. I can always respect a man who speaks their mind and backs it up with thoughtful input. And being a veteran you've earned the right to say it however you want. I understand those dynamics well, so kudos to you.

Looking forward to some lively back and forth with you in the future, but for the moment, I actually think you're right and I'll just stop talking for a bit...good Lord, even I'm tired of reading my own posts!

I'll just say this: Thanks again to Apoc and Cynaidh for being the first to welcome me to the community. I'll not forget it.

My apologies if my advocating for Xaal-zul grated on anyone else these last few days and if what Dainoji pointed out is true and I did brush aside your attempts to advise me. I don't ever intend to disrespect anyone like that.

And thanks for your support and your patience during this contentious start to the seasons and I'll see you all again after I've had a few glasses of wine and gotten out to see the sun again.
    Last edited by Adoede; 03-07-2014 at 07:46 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

Quote Originally Posted by Cynaidh View Post
    Not sure how it was for other teams, but it seemed like my guys all started up again the dark blue team to start also, so my first day was brutal.
    I've had a brutal start as well, had many losses day 1, and Neera is still in a hole w/l wise.
    I'm not having an easy time either, but I know that's kinda normal at the start of any season.

Dain, please don't put the blame on Adoebe, I would have reacted the same way if I had been in his situation... The imbalance that team 5 is suffering from is just abysmal.

Your choice to stay in it despise that added difficulty honors you, and I wish you good luck and the favors of the overlord, you're gonna need some when facing the monster builds of all the other vets all day long !

Adoebe and Vertigo have found nice teams to welcome them so now let's end this debate and focus on the arena fighting, that's what we are here for.

Kudos to Nate for having made possible to find a solution for those desperates of a situation they had been thrown in without much advance warning.
    Last edited by Narol; 03-07-2014 at 11:57 PM.
    Team Bloody Tigers : Siam (Winner BG 13 and BG 21),Sonja Tigarion (#10 BG 22), Ty Rex (#5 BG 13 and BG 22), Slim Shadow, Master Puss

nice "favor" we got
    Vertigo: Sky Warp, Reflector

So after the first week all teams have equal chance for 1st place. I'm glad Tagro-Zul won the first "non-favor" week . Lets see if we can beat Drajaka-Zul again .

Ahh one of my many guesses was right, its like a handicap in golf.
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold