Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Exclamation Player Organized Blood God Teams

Greetings Pit Masters!

We're going to try something different for Season 7. I'm going to let you self organize the teams this time. Here is how it will work. First, if you are interested in being a team captain you should say so in this thread. I will choose 5-7 team captains based on how many respond. If we have a larger turnout then I will select the top ranking Masters based off their stable rankings. Once captains are chosen you will then have some time to talk to the other players here in the forum, in PMs or in-game chat, etc and organize your teams. For gladiators who aren't picked for a team for whatever reason they will be assigned by me to fill the gaps.

Masters who wish to be a team captain please respond by the end of Feb. 26th PST. A simple "I volunteer to be a captain" message and a listing of your teams or the name of a gladiator you control (so I know who you are in case I don't already know) will suffice.

Once captains are picked there will be about 5 days time to organize your teams.

Each team will have 10-15 gladiators to start based on how many captains are picked.

Good luck in the Pit!

-Nate-

Not sure if I want to be the captain, but I would love to team with Cyn for season 7.
    Manager of Stables : Lil Ludis and Alpha Team

Hall of Legends Gladiators : My True Legends
    Delta - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus winner.
    Summit - Undisputed Primus Winner.
    Echo - Undisputed Primus Winner
    Foxtrot - Blood Games Champion and Undisputed Primus Winner
    Sliver - 2hand Rage Killing Machine
    Eruption - Multiple time runner up and 3rd places of the Blood Games. Undisputed Primus Winner and long time occupant of the throne of the arena.

First obvious question: is this going to be anyone we wanna team with regardless of power or on condition that the teams still need to be somewhat balanced?

That means there will be 5-7 teams to spread the BGP prizes among each week...effectively less BGP's for less stables over the course of the season.

Since you're trying something new with the setup, why not something new with the BGP prizes too?

I suggest BGP's be distributed by placement each week, like so:
    1st place - 1000
    2nd place - 800
    3rd place - 600
    4th place - 500
    5th place - 400
    6th place - 300
    7th place - 200

Also, I'm sure other managers are thinking this too, but won't the same dominant team win every week? Now, I don't mind being on the losing team every week so long as I can still get access to the best gear so that eventually my glads can be competitive (hence the tiered BGP's I suggested). But choosing our own teams might end up with some grossly unbalanced matchups, no?

Instead, what if we put that whole discussion we just had about styles to the test?

So glads would be grouped together by their fighting style (guild). Each week, the winning team will be by best percentage win/loss versus the other styles (eliminates advantage of having more fights pump up your score). This can be done broadly by pitting Rage vs. War vs. Theatrics. Or more specifically by pitting Power Rage / Speed Rage / Offensive War / Defensive War / Offensive Theatrics / Defensive Theatrics. That might be fun to see what the actual percentages end up being of the actual glads in Blood gods. You can track how each style does overall and how each style does against each other style.

And regarding Blood Games - How about we add an iteration where it is purely kill-based. A true blood games. So whichever gladiator has the most kills at the end of the month is the winner (tie-breaker is record).
    Last edited by Adoede; 02-23-2014 at 08:35 PM.
    Adoede | Tevrosin

instead of getting nate to change everything, lets just try out what he's offering first

I wont have enough time in the next 2 weeks to organise a team/be a captain, but I am excited to give this a try
    Do you want to crush your enemies, see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of their women? Then follow the link below!

>>Player Guide Compendium<<

Stable: Team Win
    Official Team Song: Dethklok - Face Fisted
    Gladiators on Note: Ahhnold, Bruce Iee, Duke Nukem, Bruce Willis, Wargh, Kharn

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    P.S. Apoc is still a ninja!

Sounds nice but it will probably be the most unbalanced configuration of all to date. It will be good to try it though.

So glads would be grouped together by their fighting style (guild). Each week, the winning team will be by best percentage win/loss versus the other styles (eliminates advantage of having more fights pump up your score). This can be done broadly by pitting Rage vs. War vs. Theatrics. Or more specifically by pitting Power Rage / Speed Rage / Offensive War / Defensive War / Offensive Theatrics / Defensive Theatrics. That might be fun to see what the actual percentages end up being of the actual glads in Blood gods. You can track how each style does overall and how each style does against each other style.
    Wow, hang in there! In a better world where all of these styles could fight against each other and have a chance to win that would be quite nice but in this one, the speed Theatrics will simply smash all other groups in Blood Gods, even just by sheer numbers.

I will volunteer on being a captain, im picking the Kyuuketsuki and Prinny Squad stables so that's 10 glads already. Who wants to be my third wheel?

does this have to do with the blood games, or just blood gods, i still don't have a glad in blood gods, and i still don't understand the difference from primus to blood gods, nor do i understand how to get bgp's to get those badass orange items
    Stable Name: Bed Wetters
    Current Glads: Flama, Miyamoto Musash, Melankomas, Dulla Bhatti, Galvarino
    Retired Glads: Mordekiser, Shirley, Morganahh, Jangy, Sparcals, Rainbowkitenluv

Quote Originally Posted by Prinny View Post
    I will volunteer on being a captain, im picking the Kyuuketsuki and Prinny Squad stables so that's 10 glads already. Who wants to be my third wheel?
    Me, I'll join the prinny team.
    I will probably only have 3 glads in BG at the start of next season.

Quote Originally Posted by crow View Post
    Not sure if I want to be the captain, but I would love to team with Cyn for season 7.
    That sounds fun Crow! My guys aren't really competitive at the moment and i am trying to be more laid back with my play this time, but if someone wants to pick us up and lead us (Or if its Sotc, he can drag us :P) to victory I'd be game for sure!
    Manager of the Gold Stables: Ab and Ba Gold